Prediction Guess the starting ruck vs Der Bombers

Who will ruck for the first bounce against the Bombers?

• Mitch King

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Pedo Bear

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Sam Frost

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Declan Keilty (R)

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Oscar McDonald

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Sam Weideman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jesse Hogan

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Lachlan Filipovic (R)

• Tom McDonald

• Mitch Hannan

• Liam Hulett

• Nev Jetta

Votes: 14 20.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

What about if we just stuck another mid in there and didnt contest the ruck at all? Just play Oliver, Viney, Jones, Lewis rotating in Watts and our normal midfield rotations? Like i think the coaching staff has to consider this, when you go up and lose 80% of the taps you're at a serious disadvantage but if you just play 4 rovers against 3 surely it evens out the chances of a clearance...

Got to be Keilty. Pedo is a second ruck only. He's a marginal step up from Watts in the ruck and would get slaughtered.

Actually maybe TMAC? He's tall and can jump, got a big tank and is used to wrestling guerrillas.. I reckon he'd be better than Watts or Pedo. It might be good for his development too, and it's not like he has been the rock of Gibraltar in defence anyway.

TMAC to ruck with OMAC to play CHB. Frost can be the second ruck. Leave Jack in our forward line.

Actually maybe TMAC? He's tall and can jump, got a big tank and is used to wrestling guerrillas.. I reckon he'd be better than Watts or Pedo. It might be good for his development too, and it's not like he has been the rock of Gibraltar in defence anyway.

TMAC to ruck with OMAC to play CHB. Frost can be the second ruck. Leave Jack in our forward line.
I was thinking about TMac. He gives up a couple of cm on Watts but he does have a big tank and can clunk contested marks a lot better than Watts. He's leaking goals like a huge sieve at the moment but we don't really have a better FB sadly.

In hindsight, I should've put Pedersen's actual name in. How many people are voting for Pedersen and how many are voting for the actual Pedo Bear? This poll is flawed.

Oliver. I'm not sure there is anything he can't do.

Also he did do a very brief ruck cameo in the Carlton game when all other available options were off elsewhere fighting. I think we might of won that clearance too, but that might have been because the Carlton midfield were elsewhere fighting too.

Sorted. Oliver to ruck and Viney to start lots of fights elsewhere.

34zzr6z.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously, Tommymac rucked a lot in his under 18 year and was good at it. So why not?

In hindsight, I should've put Pedersen's actual name in. How many people are voting for Pedersen and how many are voting for the actual Pedo Bear? This poll is flawed.
Actual Pedo bear...Why would we not want a bear, just maul the opposition ruck and make it an even game.

Seriously, Tommymac rucked a lot in his under 18 year and was good at it. So why not?
Because past form from 6 years ago doesn't translate into AFL level form against quality players who know the position well.

Not to be rude, but this sounds like Neeld putting Garland forward because he used to play forward in under 18's

Actual Pedo bear...Why would we not want a bear, just maul the opposition ruck and make it an even game.
Why stop there? let it on the loose and take out their 22. Just have our team armed with tranquilizer darts

The Tmac in the ruck idea is not the worst idea, as he does have a big leap, is taller than Watts and very fit.

My problem with this is that people don't realize just how important TMac is to our defence. Often coz of our high press he's caught between multiple players with the opponents' midfield coming zoning forward on the fast break. Coz of his speed (and Frost's too) they have to judge when to run from one man to the other to get a spoil in and guess where the ball is going to be kicked to.

I also feel for him. It wouldn't be fun being a defender playing with those tactics and you can see too it's not making him happy. Makes him look a lot more culpable than he actually is, as often the mistakes come from a midfield turnover.

Back