Competition Guess the "Swamprat side" of the story

Are the Swamprats being a bit precious about random chance?

• Yes

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Uhhhh.... Probability of a 50/50 sim reading near 20% for 2 full seasons straight?

Sure, blocks of losses here & there but the bredth & length of the "losing" streak goes against a normal distribution where the outcome is a 50/50 probability.

Just want to highlight how dumb this post was. Lmao.

Prove to how it was "dumb" otherwise you are just being a flog.

You sort of just threw in a bunch of words from stats vocab 101 without understanding what they meant.

Just flipped a coin 20 times, heads 18 times. What the ******* ****. This isn't following a normal distribution. How the ****.

There is no god.
If it was normally distributed, the most common occurrence would be neither head or tails I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did I mention anywhere that the raw data was normally distributed or should be normally distributed?

You can try to twist my words around as much as you like, more the fool you.

What point were you trying to make lmao

Uhhhh.... Probability of a 50/50 sim reading near 20% for 2 full seasons straight?

Sure, blocks of losses here & there but the bredth & length of the "losing" streak goes against a normal distribution where the outcome is a 50/50 probability.

Did I mention anywhere that the raw data was normally distributed or should be normally distributed?

You can try to twist my words around as much as you like, more the fool you.
You were the one who mentioned the normal distribution with a 50/50 probability.

You were the one who mentioned the normal distribution with a 50/50 probability.
So what?

Isn't that the premise of the sim? A completely random program where two sides can win or lose?

(I guess if we start talking draw then that makes things a little more difficult and therefore my 50/50 premise technically incorrect, if you'd like to argue that go for it!).

So what?

Isn't that the premise of the sim? A completely random program where two sides can win or lose?

(I guess if we start talking draw then that makes things a little more difficult and therefore my 50/50 premise technically incorrect, if you'd like to argue that go for it!).
So I'd like to know what the relevance of a normal distribution is.

Did you go to high school?

;)

What argument were you trying to make?

So what?

Oh you're doing it again sweetie. Lmao

A sim can be random and a team could lose 100 times in a row on a coin flip. Still possible.

Back