3. GC - Izak Rankine

4. St Kilda - Max King

5. Sydney - Blakey (academy)

6. Port - Ben King

7. GC - Connor Rozee

8. WB - Bailey Smith

9. Adelaide - Jackson Hately

10. GWS - Jye Caldwell

Port is the tough one I reckon. They could go either Ben King or Bailey Smith which could change the rest of it all.

Last edited:
1. Carlton - Sam Walsh

2. GC - Jack Lukosius

3. GC - Izak Rankine

4. St Kilda - Max King

5. Sydney - Blakey (academy)

6. Port - Ben King

7. GC - Connor Rozee

8. WB - Bailey Smith

9. Adelaide - Jackson Hately

10. Jye Caldwell

Port is the tough one I reckon. They could go either Ben King or Bailey Smith which could change the rest of it all.

GC at 6 is a bit up in the air. Linked to Rozee & Caldwell. Dogs at 7 linked to Smith & Rozee. Rozee could slide to crows at 8 if the cards fall right for them.

1. Walsh
2. Rankine
3. Luko
4. M King
5. Rozee
6. Blakey (academy)
7. Smith
8. B King
9. Caldwell
10. Clark

1: Walsh
2: Lukosius
3: M. King
4: Caldwell
5: Rankine
6: Rozee
7: Blakey
8: Smith
9: Hately
10: B. King
Max King at 3 definitely throws a spanner in the works.

My excitement levels would go the through the roof if I saw Rankine available at 4.

My remote would go through the screen if I saw we didn't take him.

Okay guys and girls, just over a week until the draft. Time to have a crack at the top ten and see if anyone can get close.

Winner wins bragging rights and a free drinks card in the Disco.

Great topic I'll try have a go too.

Go Saints

1 : Walsh
2: Lukosius
3: Rankine
4: M King
5: Rozee
6: Smith
7: Blakey
8: Caldwell
9: Hately
10: Stocker

Couldn't fit B King in which surprised me. I think that Stocker might climb up to the top ten as a strong bodied mid who won the Morrish medal this year, clubs might see him as a ready to start midfielder for next year.

Go Saints

Max King at 3 definitely throws a spanner in the works.

My excitement levels would go the through the roof if I saw Rankine available at 4.

My remote would go through the screen if I saw we didn't take him.
SA clubs would be all over our pick 4 in that case.

I'm gonna go one step further and do my prediction after trades

1. Walsh - Carlton
2. Lukosius - GC
3. Rankine - Adelaide
4. Smith - WB
5. Rozee - PA
6. Caldwell - GC
7. M.King - St.Kilda
8. Blakey - Sydney
9. Hately - GC
10. Collier-Dawkins - GWS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carl: Walsh
Gc:Lukosius
Gc: Rankine
Stk:king
Port:Ben king
Gc:rozee
Syd:Blakey
Wb:Smith
Ade:caldwell
Gws:clark

I’ll have a crack:

1 Walsh
2. M King
3. B King
4. Rankine
5. Lukosius
6. Rozee
7. Smith
8. Blakey
9. Caldwell
10. Clark

Gold Coast has the potential to throw everything into chaos. I have no idea how pick swaps will play out, but it will be on.

Saints will be in the thick of it.

Carlton to go key forward over mid. GC worried about players staying and replacing Lynch and May go the King brothers. Also go Smith to have 3 vic boys together up there. Other picks fall as expected.

Carl: Lukosius
Gc: M King
Gc: B king
Stk: Walsh
Port:Rankine
Gc: Smith
Wb:Caldwell
Ade:Rozee
Gws: Hately

Not included Blakely (Syd)

1 - Carl - Rankine - Most talented player in the draft. While they will be down for another year or 2 this guy will help add to the excitement in their front half. Walsh a natural pick but this guy could be a mega star if it all comes together. Forms a great combo with SPS & Fisher.

2 - GC - Walsh - I have the Suns loading up their midfield this year & it starts with Walsh. Most complete mid in the draft and reportedly happy to stay where he is drafted ala Cam Rayner. Will play from round 1 & will allow them to trade their next pick.

3 - PA - Lukosious - Trading 5 + 15 for 3 + 29 - Port go bang & land the SA gun they want. Can play on the wing to start and will learn alot from guys like Watts & Westhoff about 2 way running at AFL level. I'd love for us to get this deal but I think the Suns will trump us to load up with an extra pick.

4 - StK - M. King - Could have been the #1 pick if fully fit. With question marks over the form and fitness of McCartin and Bruce, King looms as the Alpha in our forward 50 for the next 10 years. May end up a significant ruck presence also. Smith a chance but the talk is too strong to ignore.

5 - GC - Smith - Loading up their midfield the Suns would be laughing here. Smith will benefit from having Walsh in front of him alongside guys like Swallow and Miller. Elite mids will have the likes of Wright and Day licking their lips up forward.

6 - GC - Caldwell - Could go Rozee or Clark but I think they roll the dice on Caldwell. Landing all of Walsh, Smith and this guy would be insane but I think the Suns can pull it off and really get their midfield established in one hit.

7 - WB - B. King - Miss out on their midfield targets but get a genuine swingman. I think Ben stars out at CHB while the Dogs persist with Boyd and Schache up forward.

8 - Adel - Rozee - They want midfield pace and they get it here. If Rozee is gone then I think Clark is the pick but this would be a great match for all parties.

9 - GWS - Butters - Feels like a GWS style pick. They love this type; hard at it in the front half with the ability to rotate around the ground. Could step in right away if Taranto & Greene spend more time in the middle to cover the loss of Shiel.

10 - PA - Clark - Slots straight into the hole left by the loss of Polec and to a lesser extent Pittard. Good enough to play straight away but more of a 'best available' pick.

I haven't included Blakey as he wouldn't change who goes where in regards to this order. Slot him in somewhere between 4-10.

1. Walsh
2. Lukosius
3. Rankine
4. Smith
5. Rozee
6. M King
7. B King
8. Blakey
9. Caldwell
10. Hately

Remove this Banner Ad

Back