Rumour Guess who's coming home?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 6, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
I think in his defence, he witnessed his dad who was the greatest player of all time finish his career without a great future financially.
That's very true. I guess we will never really know what went on in his mind.
I do feel sad when I think of what could've been- then wonder what the team would look like if he had stayed.

Dec 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
I think in his defence, he witnessed his dad who was the greatest player of all time finish his career without a great future financially.

True, but footy has changed significantly since then and Gazza Jnr was always going to be well rewarded.

How much is enough?

True, but footy has changed significantly since then and Gazza Jnr was always going to be well rewarded.

How much is enough?
I dunno. Ask Gina Rinehart, Harry Triguboff, Frank Lowy, James Packer and Ivan Glasenberg.

Pickers just said on off the bench Ablett is about to sign with GC, wont be far away.
Good. I'm quite happy for them to be burdened with his $1m salary and bung shoulder for the next 3 years.

Catsmaninamerica

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 19, 2007
Cloud break
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Cricket, Surfing
The people on here attacking his character mercilessly over his decision to double his money. You're pathetic. If YOU had someone offer you an extra $ 700,000 a year for 5 years to do the same job you're currently doing - I honestly don't think any of you would say no to it. In fact you'd take great pride telling anyone who'd listen that you're so good at what you do that you been head hunted and offered extra! Yet here you are - you bunch of filthy hypocrites- potting a man you've most likely never even had a conversation with. It's actually pathetic.

Dec 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
The people on here attacking his character mercilessly over his decision to double his money. You're pathetic. If YOU had someone offer you an extra $ 700,000 a year for 5 years to do the same job you're currently doing - I honestly don't think any of you would say no to it. In fact you'd take great pride telling anyone who'd listen that you're so good at what you do that you been head hunted and offered extra! Yet here you are - you bunch of filthy hypocrites- potting a man you've most likely never even had a conversation with. It's actually pathetic.

While I respect your right to that opinion, I don't respect the vicious tone of this post.

For some, money ISN'T everything.

It doesn't buy health, happiness, make friends or replace lost family members.

Last edited:

STP18

Cancelled
Pokemon is Life
May 4, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
No one is saying he's a bad person, he took the cash, good on him. Doesn't mean we have to treat the guy like a saint. He's clearly motivated by the $$$, he chose to leave the club. Now if he can continue to pilfer the Suns another $3mil then all the power to him, but I'd be dirty if the Cats were willing to break the piggy bank to bring him back for whatever strange reason they are thinking.

Sep 22, 2000
Calling Wambulances for the Geelong whiners
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ford
Pickers just said on off the bench Ablett is about to sign with GC, wont be far away.
original

Mar 21, 2006
Near Kardinia Park
AFL Club
Geelong

Lots of money versus Premierships and lots (but slightly less) money.

Catsmaninamerica

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 19, 2007
Cloud break
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Cricket, Surfing
While I respect your right to that opinion, I don't respect the vicious tone of this post.

For some, money ISN'T everything.

It doesn't buy health, happiness, make friends or replace lost family members.
i agree it doesnt. But honestly man. its been almost 5 years. And the vitriol and hate directed toward a family that have given far more to this club and in fact the community of Geelong than any of us will EVER give. Its disgraceful. And the biggest sin here i the people who so hypcritically slam him, yet if even you, who clearly has a great grasp of the importance of life - if even you were offered $700,000 a year for five years to do the same job but at a different place, i would bet london to a brick you'd take it. I would. We all would. And finally, if he chose to take a pay cut and come back, by round 5 all the flogs on here potting him would be "claiming and loving" him again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back