Guessing the 15 metre rule

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 25, 2008
Leeds/'Berra/Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Both were clearly holding the ball.

you can’t just dive on the ball and literally do nothing. He didn’t even attempt one of those fake handball attempts that aren’t really attempts but made to look like one. He just sat there stone cold like a deer in the headlights.

ps. The Blicavs holding the ball situation (which was definitely both holding and throwing the ball) only happened cos the umpire didn’t pay a stone cold throw from neale 40 seconds earlier on the back flank. The ball should of been in geelongs fifty instead.

if Both games were umpired correctly in the last 2 mins then Geelong wins both games.

Rowbottom was taken high, otherwise he might have been able to get rid of it. Should have been a free to Sydney.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
Probably win is a huge stretch.

They were cost a shot at goal, but to think Jeremy Cameron kicks that goal from that position, without the ability to run around off the line, is a massive assumption to make.

EDIT: I’d be far more filthy at Tom Hawkins’ effort in the last then any of the umpires. Missed some shots he should have got, and a dropped mark directly in front.
very likely goal for a left footer who is probably the most accurate shot in the team. He kicks that 8 times out of 10. Plus he had 5 seconds to snap a goal anyway. The time would of been called off immediately as he marked it.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
Its actually quite amusing watching the same cats who argued about the Brisbane game earlier this season now summoning the mental gymnastics to argue this one.
like the mental gymnastics of how you tried to explain this outcome giving your sooking over the Brisbane one. First it was touched. Then when that was shown to be wrong next it was not 15 metres. When that was shown to be wrong it was then to attack geelong fans for trying to replicate the same mental gymnastics you are doing right now.

Pretty sure every cats fans said Blicavs holding the ball was holding the ball.

what’s most interesting is why the hell do you hang out in every single Geelong related thread more then richmond threads. Can you answer this?

Last edited:
like the mental gymnastics of how you tried to explain this outcome giving your soaking over the Brisbane one. First it was touched. Then when that was shown to be wrong next it was not 15 metres. When that was shown to be wrong it was then to attack geelong fans for trying to replicate the same mental gymnastics you are doing right now.

Pretty sure every cats fans said Blicavs holding the ball was holding the ball.

what’s most interesting is why the hell do you hang out in every single Geelong related thread more then richmond threads. Can you answer this?

I never said it was touched, so you're wrong there.
And i dont even know which one the bilicavs thread is much less hang out in it, so wrong again.

Can we really trust anything you say at this point.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
So I watched the last 2 minutes of the Sydney Geelong game and something that irks me, is the umpires are literally GUESSING whether a ball is going to travel 15 metres. They shouldn't be doing this.

This kick was 17.5-18M at minimum.

Should have been a mark to Cameron.

View attachment 1116468
100% it was a 20m kick & a mark.

4 points Sydney Swans.

Bring on round 8!

Oct 16, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Why are you randomly adding 3m when he clearly marks it before the point post and the kick is well inside the point post?

If you bothered to do the maths in the op your argument might be stronger. Pythagoras isn't that difficult.

Just curious but are you serious or mucking around? Because if you are, your math is horrendous.

Me has a feeling that if it was Geelong who benefited from this call this thread would be 15 pages long now and it would be called: team robbed by umpires cheat 15 metre call.

It’s unbelievable the Geelong hatred around here. People actually invent stuff to go against us. Not 15 and it was called touched??
Lolololol what the hell.

Just curious but are you serious or mucking around? Because if you are, your math is horrendous.

It’s unbelievable the Geelong hatred around here. People actually invent stuff to go against us. Not 15 and it was called touched??
Lolololol what the hell.

Which part was wrong with the math?
The measurements are up for debate, but based on the pic in the op it was pretty close.

Can you spell narcissist for me?
Boy oh boy Wowee you’re unbelievable lol.

Genuine question, where was my math wrong? Don't tell me it's horrendous without showing why.

Don't take your anger at the umpires out on me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never said it was touched, so you're wrong there.
And i dont even know which one the bilicavs thread is much less hang out in it, so wrong again.

Can we really trust anything you say at this point.
this you?
Its actually quite amusing watching the same cats who argued about the Brisbane game earlier this season now summoning the mental gymnastics to argue this one.

Do you normally yell not 15 play on when the ball is touched?

this you?

Reading is hard for you isn't it. Where in that did I say it was touched?

Keeping in mind this is what i was replying to

9.5/10 times it is called before the ball is touched by another player the umps can see where the player is standing and the basic trajectory of the ball. It is never an issue.

In the case of last night it didn't matter either because it was called touched.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
So what? Was one call...

Meanwhile you got a goal from the so called “deliberate” works both ways
It was deliberate. He made a Deliberate action to whack it straight out of bounds. He was pushed in the motion but he was trying to hit it out.

Regardless paying a line ball free kick is very different to not calling a 20 plus metre mark.

It was deliberate. He made a Deliberate action to whack it straight out of bounds. He was pushed in the motion but he was trying to hit it out.

paying a line ball free kick is very different to not calling a 20 plus metre mark.

Oh please that is so not deliberate it wasn’t funny. Point is you won the count and frankly perhaps blame your forward who kicked like a drunk. Wasn’t the umpires fault you lost.

Fox footy measured it as 22 metres ffs. Give up. It’s not even line ball and they usually pay anything over 10 metres anyway.

I dont even care about how far it was anymore, the actual maths based on the mesaurements in the op was fine.

Oct 16, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
So what? Was one call...

Meanwhile you got a goal from the so called “deliberate” works both ways

Lol where was this opinion vs Brisbane?

You sucked them right off like everyone else disgusted by a decision at the end. You never pointed to Brisbane’s bad kicking or their 10 shots on goal from frees to our 1 or the Neale throw or the Coleman chop of the arms at the end.

You hypocrites are the worst, but it’s quite amusing to read how obvious it is.

Lol where was this opinion vs Brisbane?

You sucked them right off like everyone else disgusted by a decision at the end. You never pointed to Brisbane’s bad kicking or their 10 shots on goal from frees to our 1 or the Neale throw or the Coleman chop of the arms at the end.

You hypocrites are the worst, but it’s quite amusing to read how obvious it is.

The umpires didn’t lose you the match- Hawkins did. It is always amusing commentators thinking he’s some sort of dead eye kick.

Sep 19, 2007
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Which part was wrong with the math?
The measurements are up for debate, but based on the pic in the op it was pretty close.
[/QU

4 points Sydney Swans.

Bring on round 8!
I agree. I think it would have been hard for Cameron to kick from there, unless he was aware he had 6 seconds to roll around. My biggest concern is that in this case and many others, the umpires are calling 'not 15' well before they know where the ball is going to land. I get why they do it, because they want the game to be free flowing. But in a case like this one, why couldn't they reverse the decision as a mistake. 90+ % of players will claim the mark anyway. If it's not 15, and it's close, and the umprie hasn't called it, and they call it at the last second then the player will need to be aware that it is potentially a short kick. Surely a bit of compromise is needed.

May 3, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong

4 points Sydney Swans.

Bring on round 8!
Yep this just about sums it up. It was a wrong call that probably cost us the game, but Geelong will be more disappointed they dominated most of the game but couldn’t close it out.

Time to make it up against the Tiges!

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
I agree. I think it would have been hard for Cameron to kick from there, unless he was aware he had 6 seconds to roll around. My biggest concern is that in this case and many others, the umpires are calling 'not 15' well before they know where the ball is going to land. I get why they do it, because they want the game to be free flowing. But in a case like this one, why couldn't they reverse the decision as a mistake. 90+ % of players will claim the mark anyway. If it's not 15, and it's close, and the umprie hasn't called it, and they call it at the last second then the player will need to be aware that it is potentially a short kick. Surely a bit of compromise is needed.
Two frees in the third for goals, against Lloyd & Melican, that get let go down the other end against our forwards all the time, call that last decision justice.
The Lloyd one was just not there with the 'Cat supporting' ump just making it up & it stopped our momentum.
This time we benefited at game's end instead of the Cats who benefited against Brisbane at game's end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back