Resource Guide to Simonds Stadium and Geelong (last updated 2012)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey fellow Geleong faithful,

I have friends travelling interstate for rd 23 and want to try get in early for tickets. Anyone know when they go on sale?

Thanks

Heading down to KP for the first time since about 2008 :)

Can someone please advise where Gary Ablett Terrace, Bay 17 Upper is? From memory, thats around the 50m arc at the opposite end from the new stand/old standing room.

Undercover? Don't think it was... last time I was there anyway... but my memory is shot, and also limited as have only ever been in standing room near where the premiership stand now is.

Is there any standing room left anyway?

Random bump

Can anyone remember if they have eftpos in the food outlets? Particularly in the Players stand... I can't for the life of me remember...
I can confirm that they do not have eftpos... what a pain in the arse.
Also we don't seem to have benefited from the reduced food prices like the G and Etihad has

Can someone please advise where Gary Ablett Terrace, Bay 17 Upper is? From memory, thats around the 50m arc at the opposite end from the new stand/old standing room.

Undercover? Don't think it was... last time I was there anyway... but my memory is shot, and also limited as have only ever been in standing room near where the premiership stand now is.

I'm not exactly sure where but it will be some from between the goals city end around to the forward flank Moorobool street side. Not undercover. There is a small area for standing room up behind the seats in the Ablett terrace

this map might help

simondsstadium.gif

I used to have season reserved seats in Bay 19, row C.

Not a bad spot, doesn't get much action close up for some reason. But then again, going on our form that might not be a bad thing. :confused:

Enjoy. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guess who is in charge of the prices ?
The guy that use to be in charge of the MCG prices
Serious? So he moved to us, and the G put their prices down? I'm mostly annoyed they still don't have eftpos... especially when I spent most of my cash I had on me at the pub first

What was the deal with all the vacant seats behind the Cheer Squad in the Players Stand? Only 23K for the first game of the year, is a bit of a worry. Makes you question their stand on the standing room area, too.

What was the deal with all the vacant seats behind the Cheer Squad in the Players Stand? Only 23K for the first game of the year, is a bit of a worry. Makes you question their stand on the standing room area, too.
It looked like a block set aside for some purpose. I was initially thinking maybe for the auskick kids and their families but it never filled up, did it? Was weird.

It looked like a block set aside for some purpose. I was initially thinking maybe for the auskick kids and their families but it never filled up, did it? Was weird.
The back 3-4 rows in the new stand top deck had barely anyone in them. Less there than last year that's for sure and there were a few empty spots there last year.

Other grounds are being lauded for their standing room innovation and we're giving ours the boot!

I think the Gabba even has a series of standing bars to rest a beer on.

How was your first visit to our home ground (result aside :eek:)?

Did you have good seats? Like the layout etc?
Was okay, I sat at the back of Bay 12 Upper in the Gary Ablett Terrace so seats were probably worth the price I paid ($4). The people in the standing area were annoying, constantly banging on the signs and carrying on. The guy I sat next to was knowledgeable in what was happening in the game so he was good to talk to.

Certainly not the worst game I've been to. That goes to the 2008 Pies game where I sat up the very top talking to a guy from Darwin and not watching the game.

Last edited:
Are they letting riff raff like Turts in now ?
Lazy security

;)
Not only that they even let him into the pub before the game

Slipping standards indeed :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back