Guitar Players

Remove this Banner Ad

This is Joe Satriani's best work at his prime and one of the greatest Guitar albums of all time imo! I rate it higher than Surfing with the Alien which is also a very close second! War, Cryin' and Motorcycle Driver are my personal favorites but the whole album is virtually flawless.
A must have album for any Guitar virtuoso, Rock fans and any air guitarists! Which you'll become after listen to this album.

The Extremist Official Video

Summer Song Official Video

Last edited:

Why not one of our own (Well as much as Russell Crowe, Split Enz, Keith Urban, Rebecca Gibney, John Clarke , Mike Rudd, Max Merritt and countless others are).
I saw this man play at the Village Green and Matthew Flinders Hotels countless times and drove home on autopilot before they introduced the great new laws that enabled me to live so long.
This is Kevin Borich, who I first saw live in the La De Das at Sunbury and then at the Myer Music Bowl supporting Billy Thorpe, which was at that time the biggest ever concert in Australia.

La De Das

Last edited:

Steely Dan..Don't Take Me Alive..The Royal Scam..1976

Larry Carlton's licks paint an impressive opening and provide the underpinning for this amazing Dan track.

It's a great song and Larry Carlton is one of the great modern day guitarists,
Unfortunately, the link is broken and you can no longer see the video.
Great to see it fixed now Strongside.

Last edited:

Elliot (The Cars) Easton Solo Compilation

This lefty worked magic within the pop/rock/wave sound of The Cars...compact but blistering riffs and solos...the solos in "Just What I Needed" and "Shake It Up" are all timers.

My favourite Easton solos:
1) Tonight She Comes
2) Touch and Go
3) Since You're Gone
4) Shake It Up
5) You Might Think

Very underrated guitarist, probably because he was basically a technician in service of a pop-rock band that while good, wasn't necessarily the most substantial.

Two great guitarists.
Joni Mitchell with Amelia from her wonderful live album "Shadows and Light" featuring Pat Metheny's beautiful, ethereal guitar solo.
Joni is not only a great singer, she is a beautiful guitar player and one of the great lyricists of our time..

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chris Standring, a british jazz guitarist. Really smooth. Check out the kid playing drums, you'll have to watch all the way to the end to really appreciate how old he actually is!

i was flicking through Davie504's youtube channel and stumbled on this in one of the vids. its Tim Henson from the band Polyphia playing a riff from the song G.O.A.T.
the dude looks like he's 14. he's not.

and the song in full

i've never heard of them before and the sound is interesting. will have to check out more.

Takes a while to kick in, but oh, so good! A very young, very stoned Bonnie Raitt, with Lowell and others on a radio show in ‘72.
Probably doesn’t belong in the guitar thread, but we were talking about Lowell and some nice understated picking and slide just the same.

I don’t listen too much Rusty but this is something. I listened to this till I just got sick of it. Angel from Montgomery is also one of my favourites, I know Prine write it but Bonnie was meant to sing it.

I have always loved what this man could do with one tele, some reverb and his vocals = magic

(unfortunately you cannot see him play)

No, you cannot. I'm one of the lucky ones who saw him twice. Sublime each time.

My contribution has to be Bert. The guitarist's guitarist. Who do you think may have listened to this one more than once?

This is Joe Satriani's best work at his prime and one of the greatest Guitar albums of all time imo! I rate it higher than Surfing with the Alien which is also a very close second! War, Cryin' and Motorcycle Driver are my personal favorites but the whole album is virtually flawless.
A must have album for any Guitar virtuoso, Rock fans and any air guitarists! Which you'll become after listen to this album.

The Extremist Official Video

Summer Song Official Video

Love me some Satch, but this is his masterpiece imo