deanc

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
Perhaps not everyone's cup of tea, but crazy Leo Moracchioli has produced some very good metal covers of popular songs over the years and his versions range from the quirky to the bizarre - this cover remains my favourite and his friend Mary (aside from her soothing vocals) is no slouch on the guitar either...

Last edited:

deanc

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
This is Sophie Lloyd, she's been playing shred version covers on youtube for a while now - modestly says she is still 'learning'...?

Can't wait to see/hear what see plays when gets 'good'...!

OK Sophie, how about November Rain:

What about a Nirvana cover:

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm giving guitar lessons to a 40yo beginner with no previous experience.
At the first lesson I said ok let's tune our guitars up and she asked why that was necessary.
Next lesson she asked why the top and bottom strings are both E strings.
She said they should not have two strings called the same thing and they should have another note there.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
I'm giving guitar lessons to a 40yo beginner with no previous experience.
At the first lesson I said ok let's tune our guitars up and she asked why that was necessary.
Next lesson she asked why the top and bottom strings are both E strings.
She said they should not have two strings called the same thing and they should have another note there.
Earning your money!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CliffMcTainshaw

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Cill Chainnigh
This is Ry Cooder with a track from his "Paradise and Lunch" album. One of my most favourite albums. Have a listen on Youtube if you've never heard it.
This clip is from a TV special about the recording of the album. The original tape has been lost and only a poor copy has been available. The TV special was one of the best music shows I've seen. This is one track from the show that has been somewhat restored. Cooder is a once in a lifetime slide guitarist. Enjoy!

Last edited:
The man was brilliant. His rhythmic playing style was so unique,
Yeah, always was one of my faves when I was young.
Could play anything better than his hero’s. Albert King, Clapton, even Hendrix.
Just watched a Doco on him on Prime. What a loss.

His string bends on this are just out of this world. Again Albert King influence.

Jul 7, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Calgary Flames
What a couple these two are.
How good would a Sunday BBQ be at their house?
Great solo from both, and that girl sure can sing!

There's a brilliant story from when they were dating. Susan was quite close to BB King and he was apparently quite protective of her. She had been dating a guitar player and had her heart broken with a messy breakup. Eventually she started seeing Derek and told BB about him. He was a bit apprehensive at first but after coming to watch Derek play he turned to her and said 'I can see why you want to marry him'

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
This guy Tosen Abasi (the black guy) is a great guitar player, his actual guitar is quite unique, sort of seems to cross with a bass and a guitar and he seems to get both those sounds out of his rig. Anyway he's a very inventive and slick player, the whole band are great actually

Remove this Banner Ad

Back