Guitar Players

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
I found this going down that rabbit hole on YouTube. Van Halen "Best Of Both Worlds" live in 1986 during their 5150 tour.
Eddie shredding it on the guitar (goes without saying really) and the boys having an absolute ball on stage!
Back when it was all about the music and having good old fashioned fun doing it! Something that is lost in not only todays music but society in general imo

anyway enjoy..

Osho

We haven't changed our position.
Jul 9, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
This very interesting vid popped up on my YT feed. The whole vid is fascinating, and my ears got very hot at about 7 mins when Ritchie Blackmore gave his opinion on Hendrix' guitar work. Startling!

I was a monster fan of Deep Purple's Machine Head, Lazy was one of the many brilliant tracks, but DP kinda lost me with many other albums. Blackmore never grabbed my nuts as much as Page for example, but he seems to be extremely highly rated. Some of you folk may have other DP recommendations for me, I'm willing to give them another shot.

This very interesting vid popped up on my YT feed. The whole vid is fascinating, and my ears got very hot at about 7 mins when Ritchie Blackmore gave his opinion on Hendrix' guitar work. Startling!

I was a monster fan of Deep Purple's Machine Head, Lazy was one of the many brilliant tracks, but DP kinda lost me with many other albums. Blackmore never grabbed my nuts as much as Page for example, but he seems to be extremely highly rated. Some of you folk may have other DP recommendations for me, I'm willing to give them another shot.

Check out
Deep Purple In Rock
Fireball
and
Made In Japan.

Last edited:

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond

Pay no attention to what Ritchie says about anyone, he's weird. Great, great guitarist when he was in the mood.
Check out
Deep Purple In Rock
Fireball
and
Live In Japan.
Made In Japan is the best live rock album of all time. No IMO required.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 30, 2008
The Phase Realm
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Freo , Coney Island Warriors.
This is so epic Vai and what a Guitar!

WTAF !!!
GIF by Giphy QA

yeah it's pretty wild. not sure what the deal is with the strap. apparently he's had a special standing frame made for it for touring so he doesn't have to carry it. must weigh a ton

CliffMcTainshaw

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Cill Chainnigh
Is Mateus Asato the best player of recent times?
You may not have heard of him before but plenty of musicians are aware of him.
John Mayer for one thinks he is the best.
This is a collection of Mateus playing a number of different songs. Have a listen you might not think he's the best around at the moment,
but boy can he play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back