Media Gumbies stage a coup- The Rising Star Torch now ran by the Gumbies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh, you think pure class will win??
giant-bomb-ryan-davis.gif
My water GIF will have no trouble with your fire GIF.

This is a bit of ******* joke.

Not once did you reach out to me in pm to see how I was going with the award. Not once did you consider how much help I was actually getting in the pm.
Not once did you ask how many S29 guys we brought in to help.

But no, since you've whinged the loudest you're going to take it over, (then wipe the previous nominations????).

This is a ******* disgrace and everything that is wrong with these awards, they become ego trips for the irrelevant. And again all the attention is turned away from the subject, the S32 rookies.

Shameless attention whoring from the Gumbies.
Relax Greeney. The entire season 31 class is to blame, not just you.

This is a bit of ******* joke.

Not once did you reach out to me in pm to see how I was going with the award. Not once did you consider how much help I was actually getting in the pm.
Not once did you ask how many S29 guys we brought in to help.

But no, since you've whinged the loudest you're going to take it over, (then wipe the previous nominations????).

This is a ******* disgrace and everything that is wrong with these awards, they become ego trips for the irrelevant. And again all the attention is turned away from the subject, the S32 rookies.

Shameless attention whoring from the Gumbies.
You’re welcome mate.

Relax Greeney. The entire season 31 class is to blame, not just you.
Some consultation would have been nice, given:

i) I started all the pm's to get the show moving

ii) I told the pm I would barely have any time for it pre season due to increased IRL commitments

iii) I still managed to get a few weeks out nearly single handedly, which was a pain in the arse (and now you want to null and void them??)

iv) Only crazywildhorse gave enough *s in the entire pm to actually do something (3 s29 guys in there??)

I did offer to help.
In seriousness, the other sophomores should be helping.
Otherwise a few others can jump in.
GREENESHOOTS if you need a hand, sing out and we'll wrangle up some numbers.
Many hands make light work

You made your position quite clear.

With this little series of melts.

View attachment 1231558
It has been done, and there is no 'Rising Star' award
alright fu** this I'm out, make a new thread
Let it die mate, its what the majority of the league wants.

4 separate people reached out to me to keep it going.

So, here we are keeping it going.

You obviously weren't enjoying it and saw the torch as a chore, so here we are.

As for cancelling the 2 initial nominations, that was purely for the controversy and attention whoring.

I did offer to help.

You made your position quite clear.

With this little series of melts.

4 separate people reached out to me to keep it going.

So, here we are keeping it going.

You obviously weren't enjoying it and saw the torch as a chore, so here we are.

As for cancelling the 2 initial nominations, that was purely for the controversy and attention whoring.
It was, doing it single handedly, you guys jested about how in s28 you did it with only 7 people contributing. I would have killed for 7 contributors.

If you seriously wanted to reach out you should have done it via pm, I just took it as s**t stirring.

So Goose, if you're serious about this, we should work together.

It was, doing it single handedly, you guys jested about how in s28 you did it with only 7 people contributing. I would have killed for 7 contributors.

If you seriously wanted to reach out you should have done it via pm, I just took it as sh*t stirring.

So Goose, if you're serious about this, we should work together.

The Gumbies are happy to assist.

I had heard from multiple sources that you guys wanted to fold the award.

Your comments supported the rumours.

As for S29, we weren't joking, it was a very unique situation where the class was stacked full of people in a position to help.

you obviously sort out the wrong ones to help.

The Gumbies are happy to assist.

I had heard from multiple sources that you guys wanted to fold the award.

Your comments supported the rumours.

As for S29, we weren't joking, it was a very unique situation where the class was stacked full of people in a position to help.

you obviously sort out the wrong ones to help.
this was referencing the s28 guys who had less than you, and jested about the struggle, the struggle which you guys doubtlessly did not have..
You already suggested I add Gremio, he was the first person I added. The other two a VC and a captain. Not much more I could do, but as soon as I couldn't single handedly carry the ship the wheels fell off.

Myself and crazywildhorse would be happy to work with you guys, not sure if anyone else from our class is interested tbh.

this was referencing the s28 guys who had less than you, and jested about the struggle, the struggle which you guys doubtlessly did not have..
You already suggested I add Gremio, he was the first person I added. The other two a VC and a captain. Not much more I could do, but as soon as I couldn't single handedly carry the ship the wheels fell off.

Myself and crazywildhorse would be happy to work with you guys, not sure if anyone else from our class is interested tbh.
Geez Greeney, cry me a bloody river! I singlehandedly took on the season 28 Rising Star award because the season 27 rookie class* was "too busy captaining the Dragons".

*We love you AceAndy. Please come back.

It sort of makes more sense for the Rising Star winner to run the award the next year. Greeneshoots didn’t win the Rising Star. DockerDen5215 did.

It just makes more sense to be negotiating with DockerDen5215
Yeah, it's way easier negotiating with spineless individuals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hot damn this is a million times better than when I cracked the sh*ts in the s30 RS when FootyGuy13 didn't win the nomination the week he did the match thread OPs. I was incandescent but this is elite!

Hot damn this is a million times better than when I cracked the sh*ts in the s30 RS when FootyGuy13 didn't win the nomination the week he did the match thread OPs. I was incandescent but this is elite!
One of the great Rising star blow ups.

Your boy playing the long game, but it doesn’t help when your mates are taking the piss.

BF89B4F2-E5E1-4F72-AE76-442F9B32A686.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back