Gun control in America

Remove this Banner Ad

I suppose that's the choice you have to make on occasion, the ugliness of big fences or the graffiti on the buildings, or in their case the ugliness of children's bodies being taken out in body bags.

Is there a crime problem in Joondalup?
Nope.

There was a year group that came through, full of dickheads, who never moved away and spent their teenage years breaking windows at the primary school because they are still dickheads.

But in all seriousness one of the solutions that was floated was to keep a bucket of rocks in each class so if a gun man comes into the classroom blazing away you have something to throw at him, In fact students are being told to throw their school books at the gun man.

That's how serious they're taking the problem. :drunk:

It's funny how America wants metal detectors in schools to stop guns getting in, isn't that an admission that if there were no guns around then no one would get hurt?
Schools in bad areas in the US have had metal detectors for years to try and prevent things like knives

How far should the government go to take the guns away?

Make them illegal? The responsible gun owners will show up to hand them in but they are also the ones with the guns in the safe that nobody else can access.
Personally I think it's close to impossible to ban guns in the US, border crossing from Mexico alone would be difficult to stop even with Trump's big beautiful wall.

A ban on weapons of war or at least consigned to certain areas like gun ranges would be the most likely but like we talked about a single entrance and only exits other than that entrance only be accessible form inside out at schools is the solution for mind.

I realize that, I was just saying that it can be taken as an admission that Australia's way is best although Tayl0r see's it from a different angle.
I see it like the checks before an airplane trip.

The rate which someone actually tried something on a plane trip could be as low as 1:1,000,000 or greater. Over 100,000 flights a day on this planet.

So what is the effect of everyone taking their shoes off and wasting hours being checked?
To make them feel safer, even though their safety hasn't materially changed. They've had their body checked over and their time wasted over a fear of something happening that statistically doesn't happen.

Worried about a terrorist attack or a suicide bomber on the plane? They could be standing right next to you in the line and they haven't been screened yet.

I see the same in the metal detectors at schools. Administrations can't be seen to be doing nothing about a problem, so they do something. There is an argument that one incident being stopped is worth the massive stuff around. The same sentence that absolves the screening of responsibility for missing the weapons that get through is the one that praises it for the unmeasured amount they've stopped.

I see it like the checks before an airplane trip.

The rate which someone actually tried something on a plane trip could be as low as 1:1,000,000 or greater. Over 100,000 flights a day on this planet.

So what is the effect of everyone taking their shoes off and wasting hours being checked?
To make them feel safer, even though their safety hasn't materially changed. They've had their body checked over and their time wasted over a fear of something happening that statistically doesn't happen.

Worried about a terrorist attack or a suicide bomber on the plane? They could be standing right next to you in the line and they haven't been screened yet.

I see the same in the metal detectors at schools. Administrations can't be seen to be doing nothing about a problem, so they do something. There is an argument that one incident being stopped is worth the massive stuff around. The same sentence that absolves the screening of responsibility for missing the weapons that get through is the one that praises it for the unmeasured amount they've stopped.
I do agree with you on that point, my reply was more so and original point was they do accept what's needed but it won't happen due to politics and impracticality.

My solution we have already talked about, after all it worked in Joondalup.

My solution we have already talked about, after all it worked in Joondalup.
You can't be sure about that.

The cost is big ugly metal fences and the vandalism events were so sporadic that they could be coming, the issue was the law enforcement unable to punish in a way that prevents.

The criminals making us all live differently on the off chance that they are prevented from being criminals is the wrong way around.

You can't be sure about that.

The cost is big ugly metal fences and the vandalism events were so sporadic that they could be coming, the issue was the law enforcement unable to punish in a way that prevents.

The criminals making us all live differently on the off chance that they are prevented from being criminals is the wrong way around.
Fair enough but blood in the classroom is a far greater price to pay than graffiti and it also far more frequently than some dickheads spraying a wall.

Solid rational video.

Interesting to see that when that guy states that half a million lives are saved by the defensive use of a firearm he doesn't mention how many times those holding the gun and doing the life saving is law enforcement.

Also of interest is that the CDC have been blocked by the NRA through the courts or political lobbying from doing studies into how many people are harmed by the over saturation of guns in society and yet are free to conduct misleading studies of how many people are saved.

Sneaky.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the waffle house shooter before the shooting was found by secret service on the WH grounds with the AR 15 that was used in the shooting.

But because he was clearly a Trump fan who just wanted his blessing the SS gave the assault rifle back to his dad who of course gave to his son to then go and kill 4 people with.

Only in America, also I'm betting being a waffle house in Tennesee, everyone he killed was Trump fans.

So the waffle house shooter before the shooting was found by secret service on the WH grounds with the AR 15 that was used in the shooting.

But because he was clearly a Trump fan who just wanted his blessing the SS gave the assault rifle back to his dad who of course gave to his son to then go and kill 4 people with.

Only in America, also I'm betting being a waffle house in Tennesee, everyone he killed was Trump fans.
I've read the father is in the poop for rearming him. Yet another nut job officials had prior warning on but did nothing about.

Regarding other recent events:

Still want to know why we hear nothing more about the Vegas shooting.

Interestingly, I read Broward County Sheriff having a vote of no confidence put on him by his deputies. Interesting what happens when you're a s**t leader and you hang your people out to dry by not accepting responsibility for what happened.

I've read the father is in the poop for rearming him. Yet another nut job officials had prior warning on but did nothing about.

Interestingly, I read Broward County Sheriff having a vote of no confidence put on him by his deputies. Interesting what happens when you're a s**t leader and you hang your people out to dry by not accepting responsibility for what happened.

It's called a 'news cycle'

Just a pity you don't need a background check to buy a car, I guess.

#TorontoStrong must be out there by now. If not #ThoughtsandPrayers must've been messaged by Prime Minister Peoplekind.

2 million dollar bond

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/attorney-explains-why-accused-waffle-house-killer-is-allowed-bond

Attorney Explains Why Accused Waffle House Killer Is Allowed Bond

What he doesn't say is that it's white privilege.
He doesn't say that because

"According to Nashville attorney David Raybin, under Tennessee law, every criminal suspect, except those in death penalty cases, are entitled to a bond."

His bail has also been revoked.

He doesn't say that because

"According to Nashville attorney David Raybin, under Tennessee law, every criminal suspect, except those in death penalty cases, are entitled to a bond."

His bail has also been revoked.
My comment was also a crack at why the assault rifle was returned to his father even though he was found sneaking into the White House with it.

Do you really believe he would've been released and had that kind of weapon returned if he was black?

My comment was also a crack at why the assault rifle was returned to his father even though he was found sneaking into the White House with it.

Do you really believe he would've been released and had that kind of weapon returned if he was black?
You were talking about his bail though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back