Gun control in America

Remove this Banner Ad

So South Korea's suicide rate means its ok for the USA to shoot themselves to bits?

The gun &/or non gun related suicide numbers are only but a part of the problem surely?

Have you noticed the gun related death rate in the US versus South Korea? Perhaps we can have your comment on those figures as a comparison??
The point is that guns don't equal more suicides

The point is that guns don't equal more suicides
Guns make suicide easy and instant. They are part of the suicide discussion, whether you like it or not.

I'm glad there wasn't a gun around the time I wanted to end it all. I probably would have.

you don't seem the slightest bit concerned about the carnage they cause in society - "suicides, meh!".

On the other hand, people such as me want to see the carnage reduce. Gun reform is obviously part of that.

The only way people such as yourself will get shocked out of your complacency is if your family or those close to you are victims of a massacre. Only then will you "get" it - because until then, gun victims are just statistics to you.

Correct - suicide = meh (I have zero sympathy for those who top themselves).

How exactly will gun reform ‘reduce carnage’???

If my family were the victims or a massacre I would seek revenge upon the perpetrators ...

Correct - suicide = meh (I have zero sympathy for those who top themselves).

How exactly will gun reform ‘reduce carnage’???

If my family were the victims or a massacre I would seek revenge upon the perpetrators ...
See, you have just shown why it is a waste of time discussing this with you. I thank you for backing up my point.

Cop out!

How will gun control reduce the so called carnage?
Tough. You will cope.

I'm not wasting my time on people who are devoid of empathy.

You mind your business and I'll mind mine.
There's a mass murder (4+ dead) nine out of ten days in the US.

Clearly, people with access to guns cannot be trusted to "mind their own business".

Most people are good and events like Las Vegas are incredibly rare in the big scheme of things.
Compare gun deaths in the US per capita to anywhere else in the world and you'll see it's not actually that rare.

Tighter gun control isn't going to solve the amount of murders in the US but it will certainly help.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not liking guns does not make you the moral arbiter in this argument.
I was talking about the broader point of empathy.

If you have it, you try to put yourself in the shoes of others, especially those who are suffering.

If you don't, you don't give a s**t about others, you only care about what directly affects you.

And it is extremely relevant in this discussion.

Have you? I have seen hysterical screeching but no solid arguments.
No you just call arguments "hysterical screeching".

Accuse your opponent of being emotional and you don't actually have to discuss the issue.

No you just call arguments "hysterical screeching".

Accuse your opponent of being emotional and you don't actually have to discuss the issue.

Supply an argument then great one!

Please enlighten me with your wisdom as to how Gun Control will prevent violence and reduce suicide.

Please enlighten me with your wisdom as to how Gun Control will prevent violence and reduce suicide.
I'm not in the argument at the moment.

I just watch how you operate.

Funny how the anti-gun bigots go quiet when you ask a simple question like “how will gun control reduce the carnage?”
Funny how the guy who wants everyone to have a high powered rifle can't answer a simple question of why he wants people to be able to access them.

You don't care about suicide. You said so yourself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back