Rumour Gunston requesting trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be worse than the Davis news if it's true, IMO. Gunston's starting to look the goods even more so than Walker was at the same stage in his career, so I really hope this isn't true!

If it is, though, I wish him no ill fortune as I did with Davi$. :p

Is he contracted for next year? If so, only let him go early for a very nice offer. Next year he is going to be huge.

No doubt a Richmond or Carlton would be sniffing. I can definitely see Melbourne being interested as well, but I think they're looking for a big pack mark forward instead of a leading one.

Edit: WB could be very interested on second thoughts...

this Home Sickness excuse is nothing more than a cop-out :thumbsdown:

I am done worrying about this shite, 95% of time it turns out to be pure media speculation and simply untrue

I'm a fan of Gunna however "If True" don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out........ and with his late purple patch in form the club will demand a quality player in return who wants to be at the club

I have no time for any player that does not want to be at the club

Is he contracted for next year? If so, only let him go early for a very nice offer. Next year he is going to be huge.

No doubt a Richmond or Carlton would be sniffing. I can definitely see Melbourne being interested as well, but I think they're looking for a big pack mark forward instead of a leading one.

Edit: WB could be very interested on second thoughts...
Bombers could be interested.
Hopefully it's just another bs rumor.

ist2_186129-suicidal-tendencies.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be disappointed if North didn't make a serious play for him. Reckon if a trade eventuates you'll do well out of it.

I wouldn't trade Gunston, but if necessary, I definitely wouldn't mind Greenwood from NM. Ever since a saw a piece on him early this year, I've enjoyed watching him play. Had a 39 touch game last year which was pretty impressive, but thats his only real "stamp your authority" game I've seen. Personally I think Gunston would be worth a bit more being a KPP player and probably has shown more to so maybe add a 2nd rounder or 3rd rounder.

Hope it never has to happen though.

Phil Harper said only yesterday on 5AA that talks with the managers of both Talia and Gunston were under way and well advanced.

He went on to say that he was confident of both signing with us and that there should be an announcement to that effect in the very near future.

Unless there's been a breakdown in the talks with Gunston in the last 24 hours, Andrew Jarman's rumour doesn't appear to have substance.

Phil Harper on 5aa last night said Gunner could have played this weekend with a jab but with his sore shoulder and having a wrist injury the last couple of weeks they decided not to play him. Further to that the club are putting him under wraps from SANFL finals to get his body right.
With that in mind, you could look at it two ways from our clubs perspective.

1. Not play him and get his body right for the pre-season. Meaning they believe he is close to signing on.

2. Not play him as they know he wants a trade and not risk injury that could potentially lower his trade value.

Geez some of you guys are easy to scare aren't you:eek:. Calm down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back