Not open for further replies.
Well I did try everything!

Watching football? Nup
Written word? Nup
Statistical information accounting for variance and outliers? Nup
Graphical representation? Nup
Interpretative dance??

Now that I have to see...:D

OK, please pick statistics to suit your argument. Go nuts.

I gave Welsh a two year headstart, a superior supply from the midfield and he was still smashed across the board.

Here's a graph to help you understand.

gunstonvwelsh2.jpg

Stats from todays game to 12 years ago are irrelevant. The game is so different. They aren't comparable. Back them guys who started on the bench didn't get that much game time.

Welsh sent time at both ends of the ground at North. He was drafted has a defender.

Why is this thread full of North fans that think Jack will be theres?

All he has said is he wants to go back to Vic. So the talk of pick 18 or nothing is stupid as none of us know what vic teams want him and what we want from them.

I know for a fact that the AFL has hired shrinks for some mentally soft players who can't handle "argy bargy" both by players on field and by fans

The great part is that now we know Jack is mentally soft, hopefully we can get into his head and destroy anything close to confidence he has in himself when he comes over for the first and subsequent time.

Wonder if GWS will make him a late offer and if he will get over his homesickness if the $$$ are good enough?

They don't seem to be too worried about age/experience with the guys they've poached.

Wonder if GWS will make him a late offer and if he will get over his homesickness if the $$$ are good enough?

They don't seem to be too worried about age/experience with the guys they've poached.

GWS cannot take a player from a club if they have already taken an uncontracted player from that club..

Davis gone, they can't take another even via the draft unless the player is not required by their current (or now former) club..

GWS cannot take a player from a club if they have already taken an uncontracted player from that club..

Davis gone, they can't take another even via the draft unless the player is not required by their current (or now former) club..
You could trade him.

GWS wouldn't mind giving up one of their 50 high picks for a 19 yo who has kicked 5 in a game?

Big IF tho...

Opposition supporters, please have the curtosy of having watched Jack Gunston before commenting on him. This is not directed at anyone in particular.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Opposition supporters, please have the curtosy of having watched Jack Gunston before commenting on him. This is not directed at anyone in particular.

They have.. He's that guy, the one played by the guy who used to be in Mother & Son right?

Actually thinking about that now, funny (in a way) that Norman Gunston is played by Garry McDonald who used to be in Mother & Son..

And Jack is running home to be a mother & son combo again :D

^^^^^^^^^Next time we play his team, we should use him as a tackeling bag and make sure he turns into the little Aussie bleeder. :D

^^^^^^^^^Next time we play his team, we should use him as a tackeling bag and make sure he turns into the little Aussie bleeder. :D

Love it.

Neeld: Aidan, i don't care if you get an effing possession all day, but if Jackie is able to walk off that ground at the end of the match you'll be playing for Sturt next week.

Nothing surer than Gunston will pull a heart string before fronting up here next year.

All he has said is he wants to go back to Vic. So the talk of pick 18 or nothing is stupid as none of us know what vic teams want him and what we want from them.

The lad is showing a preference for North Moonee Ponds.

It looks like you might have to settle for pick 19 and maybe one of their surplus downhill skier spuds.

Because Rucci said it's between them and Hawthorn :eek:

And they North have a higher first round pick to trump Hawthorn

1. GWS
2. GWS
3. GWS
4. Gold Coast
5. GWS
6. Port Adelaide
7. GWS
8. Brisbane
9. GWS
10. Adelaide
11. GWS
12. Melbourne
13. GWS
14. Richmond
15. GWS
16. Fremantle

I'd make him run that gauntlet or trade van Berlo to Freo for Jon Griffin on the proviso they use #16 on Gunstan if he wasn't already gone.

We can't. If no trade gets done then he can just walk into the ND instead of the PSD. We don't hold any cards in the ND, as we won't use pick #10 on him and he'll be long gone by the time our 2nd selection comes around at #35. If he nominates for the ND, then I have little doubt that he'll find his way to a Victorian club (albeit maybe not the one he was hoping for).

Wouldn't GWS take him? Does the uncontracted player tag stop them during the national draft as well?

Not sure I agree with uncontracted entering the ND.

Edit: I get GWS not being able to grab uncontracted during the PSD as they have priority picks, but ND seems fair.

GWS wouldn't need to worry about the PSD and Gunston would never make it that far. GWS would list him on Dec 6 as a pre-listed player, one of their 10 they can do so with. And that would be that.

OK, please pick statistics to suit your argument. Go nuts.

I gave Welsh a two year headstart, a superior supply from the midfield and he was still smashed across the board.

Here's a graph to help you understand.

gunstonvwelsh2.jpg

The game has changed my friend :p

Comparing stats of players 10 years apart is u fluffing numbers :D

New Article:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/123285/default.aspx

Adelaide hasn't given up hope of retaining the 193cm forward, but it's more likely the club will have to agree to a trade, with Hawthorn, North Melbourne and the Western Bulldogs all showing interest in the second-year Crow.

More to appear on that list of interested clubs soon. Confident that we can get something pretty good for him based off his apparent demand. Bring on Trade Week boys!:thumbsu:

I don't know why, but I hope we deal with the Hawks

Why Cappy?

How good is this Howard kid from the dogs? Where does he play. Being a high but surprising pick, if we must get a player for player, I,d go him and trade with the doggies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back