Remove this Banner Ad

thetradesman

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Arsenal, Browns, Clips, Renegades
All play as the second or third tall in their forward lines.

All have had very good seasons and downish seasons in their careers, who's the best one?

Jack Gunston is the still the best of the three.

• 12 goals in 4 Grand Finals
  • 11 finals played for 29 goals
  • Since 2012 he's kicked 39,46,58 and 57 goals
  • Runner-up in the Norm Smith medal (2013)

Although Stringer could be better in the future right now Gunston is clearly better then the other two players as he's consistently performed over the past four seasons without playing too many bad games.

Gunston's the best right now. Stringer has the potential to be better though.

You have to remember that Gunston is in his 7th season, Darling in his 6th and Stringer in his 4th, so the other two have a fair head start on Stringer.

Although Stringer could be better in the future right now Gunston is clearly better then the other two players as he's consistently performed over the past four seasons without playing too many bad games.
Yeah but how does Gunston go on a cold rainy night in Stoke?

We're claiming 'runner up in the Norm Smith' as an accolade now???????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gunston's the best right now. Stringer has the potential to be better though.

You have to remember that Gunston is in his 7th season, Darling in his 6th and Stringer in his 4th, so the other two have a fair head start on Stringer.

Not saying this is wrong but I would have said Darling had been around longer than Gunston if I had to guess. That surprises me.

Not saying this is wrong but I would have said Darling had been around longer than Gunston if I had to guess. That surprises me.
It actually surprised me when I looked it up. I guess because Gunston started at Adelaide people forget he's been around that long.

I'm surprised how low Jacks votes are. I would love to see a graph with all the stats compared. :)

I UNDERSTAND THAT DOESNT MEAN THEY ARE THE BEST

I'm surprised how low Jacks votes are. I would love to see a graph with all the stats compared. :)

I UNDERSTAND THAT DOESNT MEAN THEY ARE THE BEST

Referring to someone as Jack when there are two Jacks and one Jake in the poll may not be the best approach :p

Basic Career Stats

---------Gunston - Stringer - Darling
Kicks -----9.6 ------ 8.5 ------ 8.1
Handballs 4.6 ------ 4.4 ------ 4.3
Disposals 14.5 ---- 12.8 ----- 12.3
Marks---- 5.7 ------ 3.3 ------ 5.0
Goals -----2.1 ----- 1.9 ------- 1.8
Tackles ---2.1 ------ 2.4 ------ 3.3

Last edited:
Gunston now. Stringer has the potential to overtake him but Gunston is still improving each year. Not sure if his stats have improved significantly this year from last but his impact and importance have skyrocketed (and not just because of Roughy's knee).

Would also like to see how Stringer goes in a few big finals. This is the true test.

Back