Gunston vs Darling vs Stringer

Who's better?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty much how i see it.

Stringer has more talent in his toenail than the other 2 guys but clearly doesn't want it anywhere near enough, at the moment.
Wouldn't say that ,But Stringer by far is a much better athlete then those two by far

Wouldn't say that ,But Stringer by far is a much better athlete then those two by far

Maybe i'm overrating his talent a bit, but from what i watched in 2015/16.. i almost expected him to become a top 10 player in the comp within a couple of seasons.

Gunston comfortably ATM, I really rate the Package but he does tend to go missing at times, last year especially.

Never really had much time for Darling, good average player but nothing more.
Have you watched any Eagles games this year - Darling has been superb and is in career best form. Will grant you he's gone MIA at times in the past but just seems a different player this year. Think he's 3rd (4 behind Ben Brown) on the goalkicking ladder at present as well so he's no slouch.

Have you watched any Eagles games this year - Darling has been superb and is in career best form. Will grant you he's gone MIA at times in the past but just seems a different player this year. Think he's 3rd (4 behind Ben Brown) on the goalkicking ladder at present as well so he's no slouch.
Well since the post was last year, I reckon old Frank didnt have a time machine at his disposal

I know. What a tosser right?

Despite Darling's current run of form the answer has always been Gunston I think.

Stringer is more dynamic perhaps and Darling more traditional KPF in a sense. Gunston is just far more consistent, versatile and has produced OFTEN on the big stage.

Gunston.

As good as Darling's season has been, he will always have his detractors from the way he performs on the big stage (most noticably the squibs at crucial times).

Gunston.

As good as Darling's season has been, he will always have his detractors from the way he performs on the big stage (most noticably the squibs at crucial times).
Yeah, this is bullshit. He has played three very good finals and a couple of very bad ones.

Was awful against Hawthorn, but great against PA. People will remember the sqibs, but also if he stands up, his improved consistency.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On past output gunston is ahead but if Darling continues his current trajectory he could overtake him by the end of their careers. People shitting on Darling for 2 poor finals performances need to remember he was only 23 and 24 in the 15 GF and 16 EF, and he's been judged more harshly than most KPFs due to how quickly he established himself as a quality player. He's only just entering his peak now and is only 26 next month, has kicked 293 goals in 159 games while playing 2nd fiddle to the 2nd best KPF of the last decade. Has clearly taken his game to a level he hasn't reached before, the next step will be to redeem his recent finals failures.

On past output gunston is ahead but if Darling continues his current trajectory he could overtake him by the end of their careers. People shitting on Darling for 2 poor finals performances need to remember he was only 23 and 24 in the 15 GF and 16 EF, and he's been judged more harshly than most KPFs due to how quickly he established himself as a quality player. He's only just entering his peak now and is only 26 next month, has kicked 293 goals in 159 games while playing 2nd fiddle to the 2nd best KPF of the last decade. Has clearly taken his game to a level he hasn't reached before, the next step will be to redeem his recent finals failures.
At 21 Gunston was 2nd best on ground in the GF and has rarely played a poor final. Darling needs a big finals series or 2 to be near Gunston's level

Gunston.

Jeez Darlings made up a ton of ground on Stringer hasn't he?

Back