Universal Love Gus and Gawn

Remove this Banner Ad

They would have never even heard of half these players.

I think people need to take the show for what it is. It's not a show that's targeted for older generation. Younger supporters wouldn't have a clue who Hassa Man or Ray Manley.

I also get why they don't do footy analysis much. Why? Because footy analysis is done everyday of the week 24/7. There's good content on Fox Footy, SEN etc if people are wanting that stuff

AmericanAFL I would even suggest Dees podcast shows like DeeBrief if you wanting those content.
Yes, But the players are now encouraged to learn about our history and past players, and so could the younger supporters, along with them.

Mostly agree, but I have to admit to being a sucker for anchorman and wedding crashers.
Anchorman is okay but I'd have Zoolander above it. A much better movie than Anchorman doing the same style of comedy.

Wedding Crashers never did much for me.

fu** their choice in movies sucks.
Max’s list was god awful, The Inbetweeners TV show is fantastic, the film itself is very mediocre even as a fan. Johnny English and Meet the Fockers are terrible choices. At least Gus had some classics in Monty Python, Superbad I actually think is one of the best modern comedies of the last 10-15 years though , their other choices were pretty poor though.

I'll have to catch up, so gus and Gawn were talking favourite comedy films. Can't think off the top of my head but recently had to watch the castle at work. Got to admit I have a soft spot for Aussie movies. They're may not be the greatest but some of the lines are pure gold. I guess the ones that you'd have to be an Aussie to get. I have this quote in mind from the castle.

Darryl Kerrigan: “Oh Steve, could you move the Camira? I need to get the Torana out so I can get to the Commodore.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would have had a similar choices to both. But would have Home Alone and Bad Santa in my too 10 for sure
Gotta say, the movie choices were very generational/geared to US comedy. Which is fair enough. The over 40s will favour the 80s classics no doubt.

Not sure Home Alone counts... I'd have that under Family (although it's still ******* hilarious)

For me:

Life of Brian
This is Spinal Tap
Death of Stalin
Anchorman
When Harry Met Sally

Cbf thinking of more

In no particular order, 12 favourites I can think of are:

This is Spinal Tap
Blazing Saddles
Airplane!
Groundhog Day
Life of Brian / Holy Grail
A Fish Called Wanda
The Royal Tenenbaums
Young Frankenstein
Parenthood
Rushmore
Tootsie

This is difficult. I am going to spend my leave watching more movies

I am stunned by the lack of the original Ghostbusters in this thread. Perfect mix of slapstick, amazing lines and an actually good movie to boot.

Freddy got fingered also.

Any Naked Gun. Caddyshack, National Lampoon's, I could go on forever honestly.

I watched a review of Freddy got Fingered that argued the whole movie is just Tom Green seeing how much he can get away with on the studios dime which made the movie make way more sense.

Films in general are terribly overrated. 🤗

I imagine you come home from work every day sit on the couch and just stare at the wall.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back