Universal Love Gus and Gawn

Remove this Banner Ad

You reckon he's the only bloke with access to gear in Melbourne lol
This was just the rumour I heard around the time. Not saying other players couldn't get their hands on it elsewhere (see: Hogan) but apparently Watts was handing it out at training.

All just rumours though.

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
He’s still adjusting to his role and is going to make a few posters in here look silly when he does take the next step with his footy.
But why should we be applauding form he hasn't shown yet? Have you been watching our matches? His form is around the worst in the team at the moment - and as an experienced player, there are no excuses for that.

We all know he has played better in the past, but he's the clanger king at present, and he is anything but the player you're saying he'll be. If he does improve it won't make anyone look silly because nobody has precluded him improving in the future - but on exposed form, if it weren't for his "best clubman" presence, he wouldn't warrant selection in the team right now. He's literally playing no better than Oscar McDonald did. I do hope he improves though - of course I do. But I can't pat him on the back with the way he's playing now. He needs to improve, and he can improve - he has been much better in the past.

When he improves, I won't be saying "geez, I was so wrong", it will be "geez, about time!".

Last edited:

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
This was just the rumour I heard around the time. Not saying other players couldn't get their hands on it elsewhere (see: Hogan) but apparently Watts was handing it out at training.

All just rumours though.
Think the jilted ex kickstarted those ones after sharing screen shots of Jack's messenger chats where he's organising baggies :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bjwilliams

All Australian
Apr 6, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Look forward to this every week/fortnight. Genuinely love the banter they have, and the Gawny references to the 2010-2013 period are classic knowing how garbage we were.

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
I generally enjoy the show, but I do wish they would talk a bit more about the game they’ve just played or the upcoming one. Very little discussion of massive wins against the tigers, dogs and lions (none in the case of the tigers).

I generally enjoy the show, but I do wish they would talk a bit more about the game they’ve just played or the upcoming one. Very little discussion of massive wins against the tigers, dogs and lions (none in the case of the tigers).
Not really what the show is for. Gawn does a segment once a fortnight on RSNs breakfast show which might be more what you're after.

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Not really what the show is for. Gawn does a segment once a fortnight on RSNs breakfast show which might be more what you're after.

Yea I realize. I’m just saying maybe go from 5% of total content to 10%.

Generally what they give you on it is great, funny, and at times insightful. Would just like a little more.

Meds

Club Legend
Nov 12, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I agree. I feel like in episodes before the Tigs game they did this more. Like the Brad Hill stuff from the Saints game. Stuff like that is insight only they can give and it made the pod unique. It's getting a bit more generic now in a bid to be funny/edgy or something which is a misstep I reckon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back