Universal Love Gus and Gawn

Remove this Banner Ad

I watched a review of Freddy got Fingered that argued the whole movie is just Tom Green seeing how much he can get away with on the studios dime which made the movie make way more sense.

I didn't rate it at all when it first came out, but as I've gotten older my warped sense of humor has changed and I've grown to love it.

It's one of the most stupid movies ever made, but it's fantastic.

Also deserving of a mention is Borat.

I didn't rate it at all when it first came out, but as I've gotten older my warped sense of humor has changed and I've grown to love it.

It's one of the most stupid movies ever made, but it's fantastic.

Also deserving of a mention is Borat.
In retrospect Tom Green's entire career is very Andy Kaufman-esque.

Russian Demon

Premiership Player
Mar 26, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
As far as spoof goes, Robin Hood Men in Tights is a killer... especially after watching the Costner version.

It's a 90s kid Blazing Saddles... another I didn't appreciate beyond the obvious until I'd watched the source material.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I watched a review of Freddy got Fingered that argued the whole movie is just Tom Green seeing how much he can get away with on the studios dime which made the movie make way more sense.
When I was younger like about 14 we were at me aunties for Christmas and she lived next to 2 gay blokes, the adults were busy getting on the piss so they sent us next door to watch movies. First movie I saw was Freddie got fingered and though these blokes just keep it in the open aye 😂

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
When I was younger like about 14 we were at me aunties for Christmas and she lived next to 2 gay blokes, the adults were busy getting on the piss so they sent us next door to watch movies. First movie I saw was Freddie got fingered and though these blokes just keep it in the open aye 😂
Have to admit, I had to Google that movie title because I had a rather different scenario in mind with the 2 gay blokes and all...

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
All I could do was think “yea, that makes sense”, when Trac was blaming Embiid for the Sixers problems.

Imet Hassa

All Australian
Aug 18, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Enjoy Gus and Gawny ‘cause I like all Dee connected chats and Pods and it is fun.
For more serious analysis and I am not sure how kosher it is to promote another site on Big Footy but the D’land podcast has improved enormously this year.
The guys on it George and Binman give the best in depth analysis of players, tactics and stats anywhere I can find - usually positive as well and often runs to a couple of hours. Well worth a listen.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Enjoy Gus and Gawny ‘cause I like all Dee connected chats and Pods and it is fun.
For more serious analysis and I am not sure how kosher it is to promote another site on Big Footy but the D’land podcast has improved enormously this year.
The guys on it George and Binman give the best in depth analysis of players, tactics and stats anywhere I can find - usually positive as well and often runs to a couple of hours. Well worth a listen.
I haven’t tried that one. Cheers Mr Hassa

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Off-season only for the coach imo.

Not a bad idea, if we win it do a live pod the day after, with a hungover Gus and Gawn interviewing a loose Goody. A sober Ben Gibson barely able to hold the thing together.

bjwilliams

All Australian
Apr 6, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Gotta say, the movie choices were very generational/geared to US comedy. Which is fair enough. The over 40s will favour the 80s classics no doubt.

Not sure Home Alone counts... I'd have that under Family (although it's still ******* hilarious)

For me:

Life of Brian
This is Spinal Tap
Death of Stalin
Anchorman
When Harry Met Sally

Cbf thinking of more

100%. Weird seeing so many posters thinking their movie selections were terrible. Why would Gus, who's 25, care about Groundhog Day? Or The Naked Gun?

Just going to be what they grew up with.

100%. Weird seeing so many posters thinking their movie selections were terrible. Why would Gus, who's 25, care about Groundhog Day? Or The Naked Gun?

I'm Max's age, his choices were terrible. Modern comedies from like the mid 00's onwards are mostly bad as they are made by and star people who are way too into improv and ad-libbing. A lot of modern comedies have really long pointless scenes where the actors are just trying to make themselves and the director laugh and add nothing to the overall story of the movie. The best comedies have the best comedic scripts. Not to say that great comedies haven't come out in the past 20 years. Hot Fuzz and Zoolander are some of the best comedies ever.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons

Maybe. I find it weird that so many people have know knowledge of anything that happened before they were a teen. I’m often going through greatest movie lists by Rolling Stone or similar to watch classics that I haven’t seen yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back