touchwood27

Debutant
Apr 7, 2005
Williamstown
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
western bulldogs
I was disppointed to be informed of the arrest of former Bulldog Guy O'Keefe late in February of this year. The charges relate to O'KEEFE having been intercepted in country Victoria in possession of a traffickable amount of ecstasy tablets and $30,000 cash. If found guilty this type of charge can generate a maximum term of 25 years imprisonment.

I hope that Guy has the family support and support of his SANFL club to enable him to get through this time and be strong enough to rehabilitate.

I can vouch for the fact that during Guy's time at the Bulldogs a great emphasis was placed on drug eductaion and awareness. I think it is evident now that whilst Guy was playing great football at Williamstown he was not promoted due to outside of football factors.

It just shows that despite all the warning sings and support structures put in place by AFL clubs these things can happen. All of a sudden these 18-19 year old kids are thrust into a life where they have money, popularity and spare time to burn that things can spiral out of control very quickly.

Oh well, innocent until proven guilty.

I'm sure his old school Geelong Grammar will be stoked to have him as an alumnus if he is found guilty.

If found guilty he deserves every thing he gets

Unless you've all been living under a rock, the drug culture in footy is rife. It's also happened in other clubs.

This news does not surprise me at all, if you're surprised by this, I'm afraid you're very nieve!

Unless you've all been living under a rock, the drug culture in footy is rife. It's also happened in other clubs.

This news does not surprise me at all, if you're surprised by this, I'm afraid you're very nieve!
Drug culture among young males in society generally.. especially ones with disposable income.

I think everbody understands that the drug culture is rife within AFL clubs, but not many players / ex players are facing charges relating to traffickable quantities.

No naivety here mate.

What makes you assume that GOK starting using drugs when he became an AFL player. Maybe he brought his drugs use with him !:confused:

How the bloody hell did he only get 150 hours community service for having 161 pills?!? Should of been jailed, idiot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what I heard he was more than delisted - the good guy gave him a fair going over at that point.

Common knowledge who the two parties were as well - one recently got busted trafficking pills and the other liked to smile a lot.

If this is true O'Keefe is dumber than I though. You'd think he might try sell to a young, impressional play. But to the captain and someone like Johno who obviously wouldn't do it... Idiot.

161 tablets isn't that many. It's by my estimations under 5 grand in street value. I'm all for jailing drug dealers, but someone carry five grand of pills is small fry really.

Just from memory, was he mates with Easton Wood? Anyway, in pure footy sense he was a great talent, shame that it had to come to this.
No it was Callan's best buddy that he was friends with... Sam something, can't remember. Followed him up here to GWS.

No it was Callan's best buddy that he was friends with... Sam something, can't remember. Followed him up here to GWS.
Sam Reid, the diabetic with the horrible shoulders.

I still remember him being best mates before footy with one of our players, and pretty sure it's (Clint) Easton Wood. Easton Wood was recruited from Geelong Grammar, and Guy O'Keefe Geelong Falcons, does that mean anything?

Nice mate.. Cause it's Sams fault he had diabetes.
I'm not blaming it on anyone. I'm just stating he had diabetes, which is unusual for a professional sportsperson to have. That's why I pointed it out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back