Guy Richards...Is he the Pies next Ruck?

Remove this Banner Ad

figjams95

Debutant
Dec 15, 2001
Norlane, Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Any of u Pies supporters out there able to give me a clue about Guy Richards...?
I heard Eddie say last year that Richo will get game time in 2002 and will be the next Ruck at Collingwood with Josh at CHFWD...

Any-one know?

Peter...:confused:
Go Pies...!!!

Only know heresay at the moment.

Last year he had kidney problems and used the year to recover and bulk up.

He has bulked up a bit (well, bulked up in the same way as Josh ie. still fairly skinny) and is showing plenty at training. He already wins plenty in the ruck at training and reportedly has crisp ground skills and kicks well.

Collingwood didn't draft a ruckman because of their faith in Guy. I would be reasonably sure that they didn't draft a ruckman due to their faith in McKee!!!

Josh should spend his career honing his skills to be a 202cm utility.

I bloody well hope so! Josh is better off as playing as a utility and we must protect him from the battering ruckmen receive at the centre bounces. I certainly hope we aren't harvesting all out hopes on Mckee. Everything I've heard about Guy's centre bounce work has been positive, if he can come through, our main weakness will be no more...

@sh, nice to meet you and all, but can you change your signature?

Two absolute losers of our club. One is a hippy ruckman that I never saw break into Willi and one is currently at Wet Toast that can apparantly "lead and mark", but can't kick, and for that matter, lead or mark!

Sorry if I have offended you. Hang around and make this site the Collingwood domain that it should be!!!

You're playing with fire there, FIGJAM! @sh doesn't take too kindly to criticism of her favourite players!

Originally posted by kristin5
You're playing with fire there, FIGJAM! @sh doesn't take too kindly to criticism of her favourite players!
Its not like I am making it up...they were/are really bad footballers!

She should jump on board the Tommy Davidson boat. He is effectively Tuckey's replacement and he was a gun full-forward for the Geelong Falcons! He, unlike Tuckey, can kick goals and will be a part of Collingwood's future for the next 10 years!!!

too rite kris!!! ;););)

go away FIGJAM, they rocked and still do rock
see.. wen u have a LOG IN.. u have ur own NAME, which enables you your own SIGNATURE

so if u dont like mine u'll have to get used to it, cuz my guyz are exactly wots in my signature.. which is for MY use, seein as its MY name

Luv da 1 da only da @sh Licuria

PS and tuckey HAS no replacement.. there will neva BE a replacement to a LOSS

and hey! its our loss

Its not like I am making it up...they were/are really bad footballers!

I wouldn't say they were bad, just that they had unforfilled potential. I see your point though, they weren't exactly suitable to be kept on our list long term if they continued on playing the way they were. I reckon they shoulda given tuckey another year to prove his point, he didn't really get a chance in 2001 in terms of seniors and that. Oh well, it's too late now anyways.

Oh and can't wait to see Richards and Fraser working in tandem...should be good!.
Go Pies!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back