Unofficial Preview GWP Eagles Vs Freo Swans - Round 12

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't care about the score from here on so here's the team I would like to see against the Eagles (Dominant forward line stacked with talls).

Rampe Fox Maibaum
Gould Melican Aliir
Lloyd Mills Florent
Hayward McCartin Dawson
Papley Reid Wicks
Sincalir Rowbottom Parker

ic: Ling, Cunningham, Stephens, Blakey
We aren't playing the actual Eagles. ;)
Though GWS forward line is also formidable.
I'd rather Warner gets a shot in W.A. in front of family. Blakey is a waste of a spot and needs multiple weeks building up to it again. 3 weeks of WAFL comp is what he needs. I'd be tempted to leave him in WAFL for the year TBH. Come back next year with some confidence and hopefully having kicked a few bags here and there.

Can't have that much size down back. Drop one or both of Melican and AA given Fox has done well even when outsized. As its pouring in WA might be wet. If it it wet I'd play Gould over McLean.

Ling Maibaum Rampe
Fox AA, Cunningham
Lloyd Mills Hayward
E Taylor, Reid, Dawson
Papley McCartin, Wicks
Sinclair, Rowbottom, Parker

IC: Foot, Stephens, Warner, Mclean

Just have Dawson 30 meters away from both Reid and McCartin at all times to spread the bloody defense.
And fire that goose from Geelong pretending to be a forwards coach.

Blakey stays out.. E Taylor misses out
who's in? Amartey, Foot, Mailbaun, Gould? Reckon we'll see all these guys before the seasons end
I like getting games into E Taylor. He doesnt look flustered at all. Looks comfortable at AFL level. Rest him Yes. Drop him no. Not in this stupid shorted season. He looks like he learns fast like Rowbottom. He seems like he has time and space. Does some good things. Some not so good. Id like to get more games into him. We are short on talls up front. he looks like he belongs.

what’s he bouncing back from?

hasn’t had a kick all year

needs more than a week off
Needs to harden the * up and earn his spot. The weakest player I’ve seen in the red and white for a long time. All the talent in the world but won’t crack in.

Needs to harden the fu** up and earn his spot. The weakest player I’ve seen in the red and white for a long time. All the talent in the world but won’t crack in.

I don't think you could say that last year, that was one of his strengths that he would throw what little of his weight he has into a contest. Knowing it's within him is at least encouraging to turn it around. Can't argue him being dropped to work on a few things or send a message.

I like getting games into E Taylor. He doesnt look flustered at all. Looks comfortable at AFL level. Rest him Yes. Drop him no. Not in this stupid shorted season. He looks like he learns fast like Rowbottom. He seems like he has time and space. Does some good things. Some not so good. Id like to get more games into him. We are short on talls up front. he looks like he belongs.

Not quite with you. He has great potential but needs to learn some basics. You could see his confidence waning big time in the last game with Kirk on the sidelines trying to hold him together. He barely went on the field in the last quarter. Putting him back in would be detrimental to his development. He needs an extended run in the twos to build the confidence and resilience for seniors.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Needs to harden the fu** up and earn his spot. The weakest player I’ve seen in the red and white for a long time. All the talent in the world but won’t crack in.

I think it's just second year blues. But I agree he needs to earn his spot back.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Blakey back in this week. They dropped him for some confidence last year and brought him back in and he played quite well to end the year on a wing. Reckon we might see something like that this week - playing at Subiaco might encourage them to do it so he can find some space on the big ground too.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Blakey back in this week. They dropped him for some confidence last year and brought him back in and he played quite well to end the year on a wing. Reckon we might see something like that this week - playing at Subiaco might encourage them to do it so he can find some space on the big ground too.
Nobody plays at Subiaco anymore. I think the Perth (Optus) Stadium is more like other stadia.

Injury updates?
As of today

PLAYERINJURYESTIMATED RETURN
Kaiden Brand Groin 3 weeks
Lance Franklin Hamstring Indefinite
Isaac Heeney Ankle Season
George Hewett Back 5-7 weeks
Josh Kennedy Knee 3 weeks
Sam Naismith Knee Season
Harry Reynolds Shoulder Season
Ben Ronke Back 3-4 weeks
Ryley Stoddart Back
Indefinite

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As of today

Kaiden BrandGroin3 weeks
Lance FranklinHamstringIndefinite
Isaac HeeneyAnkleSeason
George HewettBack5-7 weeks
Josh KennedyKnee3 weeks
Sam NaismithKneeSeason
Harry ReynoldsShoulderSeason
Ben RonkeBack3-4 weeks
Ryley StoddartBackIndefinite

The estimated returns for Buddy and Kennedy are all over the place over the last couple of weeks,lol.Suggest perhaps season over for both.

The estimated returns for Buddy and Kennedy are all over the place over the last couple of weeks,lol.Suggest perhaps season over for both.

Even disregarding the lies the Club tells I would be surprised to see any of those players on the list get a run this Season.

As of today

Kaiden BrandGroin3 weeks
Lance FranklinHamstringIndefinite
Isaac HeeneyAnkleSeason
George HewettBack5-7 weeks
Josh KennedyKnee3 weeks
Sam NaismithKneeSeason
Harry ReynoldsShoulderSeason
Ben RonkeBack3-4 weeks
Ryley StoddartBackIndefinite
Buddy has done a ham string do you mind ,about 16 weeks back and we all know a hamstring injury is not that long out of the game.

Buddy has done a ham string do you mind ,about 16 weeks back and we all know a hamstring injury is not that long out of the game.
Injured his hamstring about 12 weeks ago not 16. See article for an update. DYOR.

Injured his hamstring about 12 weeks ago not 16. See article for an update. DYOR.

Regardless unless it is off the bone on tendon 12 weeks and still indefinite is more bullshit from the club. Ted is right will be wheeled out in the last round this season to make sure membership numbers are stable for next year.

Regardless unless it is off the bone on tendon 12 weeks and still indefinite is more bullshit from the club. Ted is right will be wheeled out in the last round this season to make sure membership numbers are stable for next year.
So if Buddy is fit to play you don’t want to play him? Also the club is struggling financially in a tough year having laid off staff yet you wouldn’t want to use one of the best marketing tools the club has in Buddy?

It seems you are happy to tank and leave the club in a worse off financial position.

I have been shouted down before, but I am convinced an external review is required of docs/physios/sports scientists.

We should be aiming for quality practice standards and measuring performance against these.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back