Unofficial Preview GWP Eagles Vs Freo Swans - Round 12

SGBeach

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Blakey stays out.. E Taylor misses out
who's in? Amartey, Foot, Mailbaun, Gould? Reckon we'll see all these guys before the seasons end

SGBeach

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Mcierney shouldn’t have been dropped imo

Foot and maibum next for me

Aliir unless of hb might as well be playing 2s unfortunately

personally would play a 2nd ruck and let Aliir go back

Irish fella is close
yep, Im keen to see Foot and Mailbaun. Especially Mailbaun because we desperate for a KPD going forward..
Allirr might miss out to make way for Mailbaun - KPD and Amartey - 2nd ruck

Irish Fella would be closer if NEAFL was on this year. He still hasn't played a proper game (at any level)! But he was upgraded from Cat B rookie with Wicks so he can be selected. Stranger things have happened this year

Amartey and McLean prob competing for 1 list spot.. Just as McInerney and Stoddart are as well. I think Mcinerney has won that one and we'll see him next year

Artygunner

Team Captain
Sep 26, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
I don't care about the score from here on so here's the team I would like to see against the Eagles (Dominant forward line stacked with talls).

Rampe Fox Maibaum
Gould Melican Aliir
Lloyd Mills Florent
Hayward McCartin Dawson
Papley Reid Wicks
Sincalir Rowbottom Parker

ic: Ling, Cunningham, Stephens, Blakey

Like Gould to have a rotation.

I would also like to keep Ling and ET in for one more week to play against top flight opposition so they can see what it is all about. Think both are long term keepers although they have had a few things go pear shaped recently.

We are getting smashed this week whatever happens so let them see how a good team operates.

If Wicks is dropped I will storm the bubble and Covid Horse to death.

Blakey can continue to sit. Didn't miss him, give him a good rest. He will be better for it in the long run.

Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
I say bring Blakey back in.

He’s had his kick in the ass, a player of his talent should be able to bounce back straight away.

Let’s see what he’s made of

Would love for buddy to come in during the Perth games as I will be attending but not holding my breath

Would love to see melican out for gould

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
We are going to get pulverised feel bad for the defence some respite with Green missing luckily.

Sinclair was immense against Grundy the poor bugger could use a rest doesn't get any easier with Mumford this week.

Uhh yer dont really have any more thoughts about this game maybe someone can debut to make it more interesting?

I say bring Blakey back in.

He’s had his kick in the ass, a player of his talent should be able to bounce back straight away.

Let’s see what he’s made of

Would love for buddy to come in during the Perth games as I will be attending but not holding my breath

Would love to see melican out for gould
what’s he bouncing back from?

hasn’t had a kick all year

needs more than a week off

Good enough, get him on the field with a cane.

I wasn’t serious but I do remember Paul Kelly’s amazing early return and Kennedy strikes me as someone who doesn’t like missing games. But there is no reason to risk him this season so I’m in the only when he’s ready camp.

edit: whoops thought I was responding to punts reply.

melbournehammer

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
Getting nervous about this one.

Not sure what a pass mark will be to be honest.

It could really get ugly.

Truly hope I am wrong.

what difference does it make. How much uglier can it get. We've played them with some pretty good teams and got spanked - the first qualifying final in 2016 - when we were so "robbed" in the grand final that people seemingly haven't got over it - well gws beat us by 6 goals.

its really not important. its more important to just keep watching to see whether some of our players can really make a position their own. Its a development year for us and if we get spanked (and I dont think we will because they really aren't playing all that well) well so what.

I'd just like us to call time on Melican and see whether gould or maibaum can do any better. and if the answer is that they cant then I'd like to prioritise drafting a kpd who can

Back