MVP GWS 2019 Most Valuable Player (MVP) - Master Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
We're going to go with the same voting system for our GWS BigFooty Board MVP as last year, which I think worked well.

Posters will have a total of 15 points per game to award to players as they see fit, with a maximum of 5 points per player. That still allows you to award the standard 5,4,3,2,1 but flexibility to award differently if your assessment of players' performance is different. For example:
- if 3 players perform equally well, you may choose to award each player 5 points (15 points total)
- if there's one standout well ahead of others, 3 moderately good players, you may choose to award a 5, three 3s & a 1 (15 points total)
- if everyone plays poorly in a loss, you may choose to give 1 point to fifteen different players (15 points total).

After everyone has voted, I'll total the votes and work out a percentage to award MVP points out of 100 each week. If we have a bad game, and people don't want to give full points totaling 100, then you may award less than a total of 15 votes and say that's all you want to award, in which case the total points awarded to players will be less than the full 100.

As usual, each round will have its own thread, and once each round is finalised, this thread will record the running total.

If Kelly remains injury free he will run away with it with his skills and it will be interesting to see the coaches votes over the back half of the year with the 4 mids and Cameron polling well they could be a few in the top 10 and also in the top 10 of the Brownlow but not a winner due to taking votes from each other

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe not the best place for the post but my thoughts on the clubs B+F with several leading candidates missing games I think Cameron would be favourite followed by Taranto and with Hopper and HH near the top 5, still a few games to go but I cant see Greene, Kelly, Whitfield and Coniglio playing enough games to win the award

Maybe not the best place for the post but my thoughts on the clubs B+F with several leading candidates missing games I think Cameron would be favourite followed by Taranto and with Hopper and HH near the top 5, still a few games to go but I cant see Greene, Kelly, Whitfield and Coniglio playing enough games to win the award

Hard to go past Cameron this year, especially if he takes out the Coleman.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back