GWS and Gold Coast Finals? Where should they Be Played?

jmac91

Mark LeCras Enthusiast
Dec 27, 2017
Subiaco Oval
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers, Swan Districts
With the recent talks of the whole Geelong Home Final 'crisis', I though how come GWS and Gold Coast have to play Finals at a smaller ground where they could easily play at the SCG in the case of GWS and The GABBA in the case of Gold Coast. I know that Gold Coast haven't been anything close to Finals material but I'm confused with what they would do. Same with GWS, they should consider moving their finals to the SCG to Maximise attendance if they are playing a big club.
What are your thoughts on this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LoungeLizard

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2009
gippsland
AFL Club
Collingwood
With the recent talks of the whole Geelong Home Final 'crisis', I though how come GWS and Gold Coast have to play Finals at a smaller ground where they could easily play at the SCG in the case of GWS and The GABBA in the case of Gold Coast. I know that Gold Coast haven't been anything close to Finals material but I'm confused with what they would do. Same with GWS, they should consider moving their finals to the SCG to Maximise attendance if they are playing a big club.
It's home state, not home ground.

General Giant

Hall of Famer
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Cats home grounds:
GMHBA Stadium and MCG

Giants home grounds:

Giants Stadium and UNSW Oval

Suns home grounds

Metricon.

The AFL can force said clubs to play at any of these as a home ground.

Cats don't want to play the MCG stop playing there in the home and away part of the season.

HolyWars

Premiership Player
Apr 8, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, Barcelona, Boca Juniors
If their supporter base warrants it. I don't think either do tbh.

Billy ray

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Suns will play all finals at metricon. Weeks1-3.
No doubt about it.
Just like gws at giants stadium (unless they choose canberra which they may want to do).
Suns can get 25k and have got close to that a few times v collingwood

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blackas87

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2011
Kwan-li-so
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Orlando magic
No but geelong plays home games at mcg. We dont play home games at gabba
Geelong want 11 home games in Geelong.

The Western Bulldogs, St Kilda and North Melbourne don’t play home games at the MCG but they don’t finals at Marvel stadium.

There is also no such thing as a home final. You qualify for Finals and the AFL schedules the game where they want, they now put the game in the state of the higher ranked team. Not necessarily the home ground of the higher ranked team.

Timmy from Thomastown

TheBrownDog
May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
In their home states at a ground of the AFL's choosing.

Billy ray

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Geelong want 11 home games in Geelong.

The Western Bulldogs, St Kilda and North Melbourne don’t play home games at the MCG but they don’t finals at Marvel stadium.

There is also no such thing as a home final. You qualify for Finals and the AFL schedules the game where they want, they now put the game in the state of the higher ranked team. Not necessarily the home ground of the higher ranked team.
Key word is want. Want but dont have. So they have home games and away games at mcg. More than enough for it to be familiar and convenient to their fans

Blackas87

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2011
Kwan-li-so
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Orlando magic
Key word is want. Want but dont have. So they have home games and away games at mcg. More than enough for it to be familiar and convenient to their fans
Do you think if Gold Coast v Brisbane final will be played at Metricon?

There has never been home finals ever in VFL/AFL history.

Top Bottom