GWS and Gold Coast Finals? Where should they Be Played?

Remove this Banner Ad

jmac91

Perth Bandits Head Coach
Dec 27, 2017
Subiaco Oval
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Bandits
With the recent talks of the whole Geelong Home Final 'crisis', I though how come GWS and Gold Coast have to play Finals at a smaller ground where they could easily play at the SCG in the case of GWS and The GABBA in the case of Gold Coast. I know that Gold Coast haven't been anything close to Finals material but I'm confused with what they would do. Same with GWS, they should consider moving their finals to the SCG to Maximise attendance if they are playing a big club.
What are your thoughts on this?

Sep 15, 2009
Gippsland
AFL Club
Collingwood
With the recent talks of the whole Geelong Home Final 'crisis', I though how come GWS and Gold Coast have to play Finals at a smaller ground where they could easily play at the SCG in the case of GWS and The GABBA in the case of Gold Coast. I know that Gold Coast haven't been anything close to Finals material but I'm confused with what they would do. Same with GWS, they should consider moving their finals to the SCG to Maximise attendance if they are playing a big club.
It's home state, not home ground.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Cats home grounds:
GMHBA Stadium and MCG

Giants home grounds:

Giants Stadium and UNSW Oval

Suns home grounds

Metricon.

The AFL can force said clubs to play at any of these as a home ground.

Cats don't want to play the MCG stop playing there in the home and away part of the season.

HolyWars

Premiership Player
Apr 8, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, Barcelona, Boca Juniors

If their supporter base warrants it. I don't think either do tbh.

Black white

Club Legend
May 4, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Outer Mongolia, free jumpers for locals and gws to fly over 5000 of their orange plastic chairs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too bad.
Brisbane is not the gold coast.
Why would we play a home final at a ground we play once a year at?
Geelong is also not Melbourne

No but geelong plays home games at mcg. We dont play home games at gabba
Geelong want 11 home games in Geelong.

The Western Bulldogs, St Kilda and North Melbourne don’t play home games at the MCG but they don’t finals at Marvel stadium.

There is also no such thing as a home final. You qualify for Finals and the AFL schedules the game where they want, they now put the game in the state of the higher ranked team. Not necessarily the home ground of the higher ranked team.

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
Lol @ the idea of Suns supporters worrying over finals venue.
Its funny now but when it happens the discussion shouldnt sneak up on anyone. It should be clear to all ahead of time. And it is anyway. Gil came out last year and said it so this thread is moot

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood

In their home states at a ground of the AFL's choosing.

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
Geelong want 11 home games in Geelong.

The Western Bulldogs, St Kilda and North Melbourne don’t play home games at the MCG but they don’t finals at Marvel stadium.

There is also no such thing as a home final. You qualify for Finals and the AFL schedules the game where they want, they now put the game in the state of the higher ranked team. Not necessarily the home ground of the higher ranked team.
Key word is want. Want but dont have. So they have home games and away games at mcg. More than enough for it to be familiar and convenient to their fans

Key word is want. Want but dont have. So they have home games and away games at mcg. More than enough for it to be familiar and convenient to their fans
Do you think if Gold Coast v Brisbane final will be played at Metricon?

There has never been home finals ever in VFL/AFL history.

Back