Opinion GWS Board Member of the Year - congratulations captainMyCaptain GWS Board POTY!

Who wins the Poster/member of the Year for the GWS Board for 2018?

• Raymann

• dlanod

• captainMyCaptain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Hi all,

It's getting late in 2018, and we need to determine a GWS BF Board Member/Poster of the Year. The winner gets deafening applause (at least from us & in their own mind), eternal kudos, and most importantly a shiny badge for your profile. Previous winners have been Determinant (2016) and Land of the Giants (2017).

There's no specific criteria to be nominated or to win - you could look at quality of posting, amount of posting, contributions to this board only, contributions across all boards including the main board, insider information etc etc. Just no self nominations.

[EDIT: Extended nominations until 12 January 2019 & poll will be open until sometime in February 2019.]

Last edited:

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
That's one - thanks; surely there are others people would nominate?

Just a suggestion mate, perhaps we do this either last round of the year or Grand Final week next time when everybody is engaged? Not all die hard Big Footy posters checking in here at Christmas time. Our Board drops off severely after we get knocked out, many don’t even chime in after the draft.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Just a suggestion mate, perhaps we do this either last round of the year or Grand Final week next time when everybody is engaged? Not all die hard Big Footy posters checking in here at Christmas time. Our Board drops off severely after we get knocked out, many don’t even chime in after the draft.
Yes, fair call Andre, mea culpa. I did ponder when was the best time. I didn't want to go too early, and enthusiasm also drops off as soon as we're knocked out - and we then often do get some re-engagement around and just after the draft as well - which was when I was actually aiming for, but work got very busy around then for me and suddenly whooska it's almost Christmas. I'll lock it in my brain for next year for perhaps the end of the regular season.

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
Yes, fair call Andre, mea culpa. I did ponder when was the best time. I didn't want to go too early, and enthusiasm also drops off as soon as we're knocked out - and we then often do get some re-engagement around and just after the draft as well - which was when I was actually aiming for, but work got very busy around then for me and suddenly whooska it's almost Christmas. I'll lock it in my brain for next year for perhaps the end of the regular season.

You’re a star, thanks for all your hard work and all the other MODS as well :)

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
OK, thanks all for your nominations. I allowed some extra time (although it probably doesn't help that much in the depths of the off-season, once again, mea culpa) and will now keep the poll open until 6pm on 31 January 2019 & then declare the winner.

The nominations were:
  • Raymann (for his inside news)
  • dlanod (for his overall knowledgeable posting & steel comments when required)
  • captainMyCaptain (thread contributions & maintaining the lists)
I'll exclude myself as a moderator (although thanks fridgeman) and just note that Land of the Giants won last year for his gameday posting and this year we awarded him a Quill award for his continuing quality.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
OK, times up & we'll close the voting, so congratulations captainMyCaptain for being voted the GWS Board Poster/Member of the Year for 2018! Thanks for all of your efforts on the board over the past year (and no doubt in the future).

popping_cork.gif

Apr 30, 2011
Wollongong
AFL Club
GWS
Back