News GWS -Chasing Deledio Confirmed

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn't be suprised if we signed Goddard for some star from the Saints up already tbh. Would be stoked if we got Goddard.

Is Dale Thomas still out of contract? he is the kind of player who could go to the next level with GWS, I would love to see him here. or perhaps Daniel Rich.

Thomas and Pendlebury are both out of contract at the end of the year.

While not great by any means, Mark Blake may fit the bill and would come cheap.

Clearly the Cats no longer want him.

Wouldn't be suprised if we signed Goddard for some star from the Saints up already tbh. Would be stoked if we got Goddard.

If we got Goddard that would be fantastic, but would rather we traded for him and had him for our first captain rather then pick him up as an uncontracted player for our 2nd year.

We need to recruit an expirenced ruckman. I feel Minson would be a good pickup...while not a fantastic ruckWhile not great players we need some expirence in the ruck and he has 100+ games. GC have some very good rucks in Fraser/Smith/Gorringe. I feel we should take the same setup Expirenced Ruck/Ruck in Early 20s (eg Gilles)/Talented Youth.

Plus I think we can easily lure any ruckman sturggling to get games at other clubs to the Giants

Will is actually a very good tap ruckman. He just lacks awareness around the ground. He can also go forward and take strong pack marks.
I would hope we hold onto him though.

As someone mentioned, Mark Blake would also be an option. He is also a good tap ruckman, but just really bad at everything else.

Also, if you guys take Easton Wood or Callan Ward, there is going to be some very unhappy people down at Whitten Oval. Keep away :mad:

Yeah, I doubt Buddy would leave the Hawks though.

GWS should really be targeting Shane Savage from Hawthorn, kicked 2 goals in the 10 or so minutes he was on after being subbed on Friday night and is going to be a freak.

:eek:why would you give them a head start! I don't want this kid to leave our club :( after the weekends game 33 disposals 30 hit the target, 4 goals and this is after multiple shoulder recos the kids a freak and a top quality bloke heres hoping his got the same commitment to hawthorn as he does with his missus been together since they were 13 insane

:eek:why would you give them a head start! I don't want this kid to leave our club :( after the weekends game 33 disposals 30 hit the target, 4 goals and this is after multiple shoulder recos the kids a freak and a top quality bloke heres hoping his got the same commitment to hawthorn as he does with his missus been together since they were 13 insane

We'll give them Jarryd Morton and Clinton Young instead.

Far far from gospel but there are common names being thrown around many of these threads...

Goddard, Kosi, Blake, Ward, Ladson, Sewell, Savage, Renouf, Wood, Thomas, Pendlebury, Scully, Clark, Palmer, Walker....

In that group alone you have crowd drawing power, marketability and leadership. Obviously all will not, indeed none may but will be interesting to see how Sheeds does this. McKenna built a shaky defence and gun midfield. No forward line.

Sheeds will build a spine I think. Even in that group though, there are no big strong defenders. Those are what the Giants will trade for I believe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Far far from gospel but there are common names being thrown around many of these threads...

Goddard, Kosi, Blake, Ward, Ladson, Sewell, Savage, Renouf, Wood, Thomas, Pendlebury, Scully, Clark, Palmer, Walker....

In that group alone you have crowd drawing power, marketability and leadership. Obviously all will not, indeed none may but will be interesting to see how Sheeds does this. McKenna built a shaky defence and gun midfield. No forward line.

Sheeds will build a spine I think. Even in that group though, there are no big strong defenders. Those are what the Giants will trade for I believe

We've got a gun midfield (Shiel, Treloar, Scully, Coniglio, Wingard, Palmer, Ward. All would have gone Top 5 apart from Palmer/Ward. They were 7/19. Plus not to mention the stars guys on our list like Carey, Miles, etc).
----
We've got plenty of tall forwards too (Folau, Walker, Cameron, Bruce, Flagg, Phillips, Patton + Clark if he signs and possibley Longer if we draft him. Gilles can play forwards too). I'm sure will pick up a small forward via the draftm, to play a small pocket role. Assuming we sign Clark. Gilles/Clark will play as our ruckman. When one isn't rucking the other is in the forward line.

HF: Midfielder (Wingard), Walker, Patton
F: Small Forward, Folau, Giles/Clark
R: Giles/Clark
I/C: Cameron

They'll probaley start Patton off abit like Watts IMO. But thats how our forwards might possible look like in 2012. Much better than GC's this year IMO.
---
We need defenders big time. Apart from Alipate Carlile has their been a single defender linked to us? We need 3 good solid guys atleast! Carlile probaley will be one of them. But will still need more!

We've got a gun midfield (Shiel, Treloar, Scully, Coniglio, Wingard, Palmer, Ward. All would have gone Top 5 apart from Palmer/Ward. They were 7/19. Plus not to mention the stars guys on our list like Carey, Miles, etc).

Thats IF these guys will go to the GWS and it's a big IF

Thomas and Pendlebury are both out of contract at the end of the year.

Both will stay at the Pies. Thomas about to sign a 3 year deal. Pendlebury will sign on at Collingwood for another 2 years at the end of 2012.

It will never happen (and I hope it doesn't)- But for would GWS feel about H. Shaw for O'Meara?

You're not the only one that hopes it doesn't happen. He's at the top end of the age bracket GWS is interested in, but between the Didak incident and now this he obviously doesn't have the best judgement. The last thing GWS needs is scandal and Shaw seems to have more than his fair share.

Lids to GWS will happen apparently, Tigers very keen O'Meara, GWS will only accept, Lids, Cotch, Jack or Martin.
Tigers will only budge on Lids as he is older and restricted free agent next year. Only sticking point now is tigers want another pick from GWS in top 10. GWS want to give us a lower pick

GWS trying to pull RFCs pants down with Deledio on that one. You'd want a 2nd 17yo pick or a top 10 pick to compliment it to make it just a breakeven. Deledio is a dual best and fairest with 8 to 10 years left in him. On the surface its a very poor deal for Richmond IMHO.

GWS trying to pull RFCs pants down with Deledio on that one. You'd want a 2nd 17yo pick or a top 10 pick to compliment it to make it just a breakeven. Deledio is a dual best and fairest with 8 to 10 years left in him. On the surface its a very poor deal for Richmond IMHO.
He's also not worth 2 top 10 draft picks. A little perspective here please.

Lids to GWS will happen apparently, Tigers very keen O'Meara, GWS will only accept, Lids, Cotch, Jack or Martin.
Tigers will only budge on Lids as he is older and restricted free agent next year. Only sticking point now is tigers want another pick from GWS in top 10. GWS want to give us a lower pick

I would see the deal being more like GWS gets Deledio, and the Tigers get the pick to get O'meara in the mini draft and as a sweetener also get our pick 27 which is the first pick of the 2nd round. But wouldn't be surprised if GWS upped pick 27 to pick 15 to get the deal done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back