Prediction GWS Death Ride Thread?

Remove this Banner Ad

Well if we finish last and you guys are right behind us, but lose Crouch to a band one compensation you'll have pick #1 and #3 in the draft.

Because we lose 250 ish points off our first pick which bumps us down a spot.

The real burner for us is if we finish second last, get bumped down to #3 on the deficit, then free agency compensation pushes us down again to #4 but in that circumstance Adelaide has #1 and #2 which might be a means for the Crows to swap for Rankine and Lukosius
Unfortunately (for us), maybe not quite ... the points difference between #1 & #2 is 483 so you'd still have pick #1 I think.

audrey-eah-no-gif.747535

You have a lot of percentage to catch up in any case 😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's incredibly concerning when you are relying on two wins out of two matches on one day and those wins are to Carlton and Melbourne.

It must be horrible to be a Melbourne supporter! They are so frustrating even for a Crows fan. They would have to be the most unreliable team in the AFL.

Unfortunately Carlton are extremely reliable and have been for years. Usually that is a good thing but not when they are up at 3/4 time and you are hoping that they win.

Yesterday was a bad day for our GWS pick.

Is there a realistic chance that Fremantle with the points deficit leapfrog the GWS pick? With the way they are going, it looks like we could end up with something like pick 8 if the Giants drop the next 2.
I think that if Fremantle finish 12th which looks likely according to my ladder predictor their pick will move to the pick after the 9th placed team. So as long as GWS lose at least one of their remaining games and don''t make finals and Fremantle don't lose to North Melbourne and finish much lower than 12th, it should happen. Currently I have GWS finishing 10th which would give us pick 8 once Fremantle's pick has dropped.

I think that if Fremantle finish 12th which looks likely according to my ladder predictor their pick will move to the pick after the 9th placed team. So as long as GWS lose at least one of their remaining games and don''t make finals and Fremantle don't lose to North Melbourne and finish much lower than 12th, it should happen. Currently I have GWS finishing 10th which would give us pick 8 once Fremantle's pick has dropped.
Do you have Melbourne defeating GWS on Saturday?

As long as the Dogs beat Freo and smash the Hawks we'll see GWS 9th on percentage.

Is there a realistic chance that Fremantle with the points deficit leapfrog the GWS pick? With the way they are going, it looks like we could end up with something like pick 8 if the Giants drop the next 2.
It is, I think - Freo carry over 265 points from last year and pick 8 = 1551 points.

Currently Freo pick 6 = 1751 points - 265 = 1486 would demote to pick 9 and GWS' pick becomes 7.

Further, Freo's r1 pick drops as follows:
#1 - there's thought it would drop by 1 spot
#2 - ---<ditto>---
#3 - drops to #4
#4 - drops to #5
#5 - drops to #7
#6 - drops to #9
#7 - drops to #10
#8 - drops to #12
#9 - drops to #13

GWS pick currently 11th.

Do you have Melbourne defeating GWS on Saturday?

As long as the Dogs beat Freo and smash the Hawks we'll see GWS 9th on percentage.
I had GWS missing if they lost either of their next 2 matches. If they won both I had them in the finals, finishing as high as 6th I think.

Did this thread actually work because we didn’t actively deathride GWS?

2020 has been weird.
Worked because of strange fixtures that had to occur, they actually been on the rough end of having to play on short breaks compared to Sydney. Very strange decision by the AFL given GWS were still in finals contention.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back