Votes: 5 8.5%
  • 9th - 13th

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • 14th - 18th

Votes: 18 30.5%
  • Higher then Carlton

Votes: 17 28.8%

• Total voters
GWS have been one of the better teams the past 3 years and should continue to do so for the next few years at least.

What amazes me is some of the talent that has been delisted, traded etc something we have never seen before obviously because of the expansion, priority picks etc.

How good would the below team be if in the league fit and healthy this year?

Nathan Wilson Jack Hombsch Lachie Plowman

Dom Tyson Caleb Marchbank Curtly Hampton

Jack Steele Taylor Adams Matthew Kennedy

Josh Bruce Tom Boyd Devon Smith

Tomas Bugg Cam McCarthy Will Hoskin-Elliott

Andrew Phillips Adam Treloar Anthony Miles

Jarrod Pickett, Paul Ahern, James Stewart, Jonathan O'Rourke

The Gong

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Northern Districts Tigers
For the most part I believe that was always the plan. They were given huge concessions with the draft with the expectation that they would be able to trade players out to attract mature players in to get a better balance. They had an increased salary cap that gradually reduced while they had a lot of young players on base salaries that increased in value over time. They were always going to have to trade a lot of talent out but I think they've done pretty well up til now. There's probably been a a handful traded out that they would've preferred to retain but they couldn't keep everyone.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
We had a reducing list and salary cap. That is not an "etc" .How anyone can consider players leaving the club without considering that is simply beyond me.

We actually delist rarely and trade wherever possible. I'm delighted for the players we've traded that are doing well.
I'd hate to think being drafted by us hurt players careers in terms of opportunities or even income.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
GWS have been one of the better teams the past 3 years and should continue to do so for the next few years at least.

What amazes me is some of the talent that has been delisted, traded etc something we have never seen before obviously because of the expansion, priority picks etc.

How good would the below team be if in the league fit and healthy this year?

Nathan Wilson Jack Hombsch Lachie Plowman

Dom Tyson Caleb Marchbank Curtly Hampton

Jack Steele Taylor Adams Matthew Kennedy

Josh Bruce Tom Boyd Devon Smith

Tomas Bugg Cam McCarthy Will Hoskin-Elliott

Andrew Phillips Adam Treloar Anthony Miles

Jarrod Pickett, Paul Ahern, James Stewart, Jonathan O'Rourke
I give Ahern a slot and leave Boyd out. Ahern showed enough early days to suggest his two games for North aren't a fluke. Boyd is too risky and Phillips/Stewart better ruck options.

I give Ahern a slot and leave Boyd out. Ahern showed enough early days to suggest his two games for North aren't a fluke. Boyd is too risky and Phillips/Stewart better ruck options.
I’m confused as to what you’re saying. They are both in the team.

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
Not sure about the thread title - feeder team suggests feeding into - not out from.

Apart from that, what is there to say?
We got concessions and extra players to start with, because you need players to start a club, and we’ve distributed some of that back throughout the league with the players listed above (some pretty handy ones in there too, if I might add) often with a couple of solid years’ development under their belt. Some we traded for big returns, some for a bottle of coke and a packet of chips because we wanted to get them somewhere to play. You’re welcome.

What you need to look at is the rate of trade to delistment for the Gold Coast - how many of their concession and start up players found their way onto other clubs’ lists? How many of them were just simply delisted and lost to the game? Put together a Gold Coast list like the one above.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Actually Marchbank, Treloar, Smith, WHE and Wilson would be locks in the team that played last week. Stewart would have got games, but with Jezza's toe getting better and Pattons form improving maybe not long term. Cam McCarthy probably would have got games this year as well but competes directly with Himmelburg for a spot. Plowman very close, just dont want to drop anyone for him, love him out there.

Half of those guys cant get regular games at bottom 8 sides.
and if you look at their draft number you can see that SOS had a shite load of misses with high draft picks, only got some right because he had so many goes.

Also shows how much more generous GWS concession were over Gold Coast, GWS given too much, Gold Coast too little. GWS really should have made the GF and maybe flag the past two years but imploded at the last hurdle both times.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
and if you look at their draft number you can see that SOS had a shite load of misses with high draft picks, only got some right because he had so many goes.

Also shows how much more generous GWS concession were over Gold Coast, GWS given too much, Gold Coast too little. GWS really should have made the GF and maybe flag the past two years but imploded at the last hurdle both times.
Nonsense

Benny78

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 4, 2016
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ken Hinkley
That honestly looks terrible. I wouldn't even have it bottom 4 it's a vfl side.

Back