Club Focus GWS Giants 2021 - Brander, Callaghan, Aleer, Fahey

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

I mean you're already doing my work for me.

If you think the above offer is what's required and qualifies as "paying overs", then you're indirectly agreeing that it's an unfair offer lol.

I mean ultimately it's whatever, you've burnt through dozens of 1st rounders without being able to develop them, and even the good ones you do create you can't keep them due to Mr Conigilio's contract.

Someone should do an analysis of the success rate of GWS' 1st rounders result will be funny

a pies fan talking about bad list management 🤣🤣🤣

considering you were arguing with someone when you couldn’t even get what his trade idea was right. 🙄

a pies fan talking about bad list management 🤣🤣🤣

considering you were arguing with someone when you couldn’t even get what his trade idea was right. 🙄
Geez I'm sorry I must've forgotten that I was directly involved with the list managing decisions at the end of last year, which prohibits me from commenting on other teams' list management strategies 🤣🤣🤣

I mean you're already doing my work for me.

If you think the above offer is what's required and qualifies as "paying overs", then you're indirectly agreeing that it's an unfair offer lol.

I mean ultimately it's whatever, you've burnt through dozens of 1st rounders without being able to develop them, and even the good ones you do create you can't keep them due to Mr Conigilio's contract.

Someone should do an analysis of the success rate of GWS' 1st rounders result will be funny

We can’t all find brilliant talents like Jayden Stephenson & solid respectable citizens like Jordan DeGoey with high picks.

Sometimes you win with a first rounder. Sometimes you lose.

No. Not good enough. You (teams, not you personally) want Callaghan - you pay overs.

So if Hawthorn really want him (for example); First round pick swap this year & their first next year.

We get 5 & 13 in ‘21 & Hawks first in ‘22.

May seem skewed in our favour, but that’s how it should be.
Well word on our board was the cost of pick 2 was the crows pick 4 and their 2022 1st. Naturally too high a price so i just cant see anyone being prepared to.pay the cost hence gws being a lock for callaghan

Well word on our board was the cost of pick 2 was the crows pick 4 and their 2022 1st. Naturally too high a price so i just cant see anyone being prepared to.pay the cost hence gws being a lock for callaghan
Yep, it’s a high price; and that’s how it should be in this instance. We’re not talking about an actual player here, we’re talking about a commodity (great name for a racehorse, btw)

There should be an absolute premium that needs to be paid if you want it.

I could sell you the anti-venom for a Blue Ringed Octopus sting now, it’s probably only worth $2.

Come up to me on the beach after you’ve been stung and you’d pay $5,000,000 for it.

Whilst an abstract comparison, the premise is the same thing.

If teams are creaming themselves over the thought of Callaghan on their list for the next 10 years; then then maximum value needs to be extracted. Not a fair trade. Fair trades are for players moving teams where you invariably will have to deal with them again for players in the future.

Geez I'm sorry I must've forgotten that I was directly involved with the list managing decisions at the end of last year, which prohibits me from commenting on other teams' list management strategies 🤣🤣🤣

where did I say you can’t? Just that it’s laughable.

And it is.

You really have seem burned lately that your club threw away pick 2.

We did say thank you.

Yep, it’s a high price; and that’s how it should be in this instance. We’re not talking about an actual player here, we’re talking about a commodity (great name for a racehorse, btw)

I could sell you the anti-venom for a Blue Ringed Octopus sting now, it’s probably only worth $2.

Come up to me on the beach after you’ve been stung and you’d pay $5,000,000 for it.

If teams are creaming themselves over the thought of Callaghan on their list for the next 10 years; then then maximum value needs to be extracted. Not a fair trade. Fair trades are for players moving teams where you invariably will have to deal with them again for players in the future.
Totally agree. GWS can set any price they deem fit for their pick. What a bonus from that collingwood trade last year..your list management team must have been cracking the king george and hill of grace at seasons end

Totally agree. GWS can set any price they deem fit for their pick. What a bonus from that collingwood trade last year..your list management team must have been cracking the king george and hill of grace at seasons end
Ease up mate. We’re not the Crows.

We’re still Western Sydney.

it would’ve been Blue Woodstock’s and Pineapple Cruisers I’m tipping.

I think teams are creaming themselves to the tune of their first pick and a 2nd & the rest is media hystria. I don't think you'll get a 1st and a 2022 first offered, but I could be wrong. You maybe get a first and a 2022 first round pick swap, which is what GWS price might be. There is every chance GWS genuinely prefer Andrew at their first pick and are just trying to get max value for a pick trade whilst still getting Andrew. GWS would be happy everyone is of the belief they are leaning towards taking Callaghan. Suns also have done well having everyone believing Andrew is their main target. It means its likely a two horse race.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think teams are creaming themselves to the tune of their first pick and a 2nd & the rest is media hystria. I don't think you'll get a 1st and a 2022 first offered, but I could be wrong. You maybe get a first and a 2022 first round pick swap, which is what GWS price might be. There is every chance GWS genuinely prefer Andrew at their first pick and are just trying to get max value for a pick trade whilst still getting Andrew. GWS would be happy everyone knows is leaning towards them taking Callaghan. Suns also have done well having everyone believing Andrew is their main target. It means its likely a two horse race.

I don’t *think* we will either.
But that’s the price it *should* cost.

If we do anything less than that then we have actually lost the trade with Collingwood.

Didn't you trade pick 24 & 30 for the pick? You'd have to donate the pick to charity to lose the trade from here...
Can’t recall mate but similar, yes.

And not getting a first rounder this year & next for it is akin to giving it away to charity, in my book.

We don't get Andrew and rachelle that way.
We bid on Darcy,daicos then trade 4 for 5, 2 2022r2s from Gold Coast.
Then take Rachelle at 5 to get ahead of the crows. Then crows don't take Andrew, Hawthorn might.
So we trade 15, 2 2022r2's for 7 from Hawthorn.
Probably 15,24,25 for 7, so would Hawthorn accept that ? Maybe not in big footy world,maybe not in the real world either.

So overall we have traded 4,15 for 5,7.
Pretty good work I would say.
As a neutral in this situation, this seems like a good and maybe realistic way of getting Andrew and Rachelle.
But every move made by Gold Coast will be heavily scrutinised, I don't know if the AFL would really like Gold Coast doing this trade ( or maybe they would love it as Finn will get alot of publicity next year, I will look forward to watching him play).

Callaghan is now being talked about as being as good as Horne Francis and Daicos.

Smart GWS recruiters raising his value to extract 2 x 1st round picks for pick 2?

Or is pick 2 not on the table and the Pies gifted you an absolute gem?
Collingwood have gifted GWS a gem. Callaghan will be a brilliant addition to our running game. Imagine Whitfield, Cumming, Ash & Callaghan taking the HBF and wing positions for GWS over the next few years - the Orange Tsunami will be back! Then we still need to find room for Josh Fahey in there, and Josh Kelly of course provided some class out of the middle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back