List Mgmt. GWS Giants Academy News & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Cynthia Hamilton, based in Queanbeyan, & a member of the Giants Academy, has made the All-Australian U19 team- despite still being only 17 y.o.
She has concentrated on AF- although she was a national judo champion for 4 years; & has played basketball, skate boarding, & OzTag.

Talented 17-year-old Queanbeyan Tiger, Cynthia Hamilton, has been named at full-forward in the U19 AFLW All Australian team.

The nod comes after Hamilton enjoyed a sensational national championship playing across the forward line and midfield for the Allies in April.

She averaged 21.5 disposals (13.5 contested), 10 tackles, five inside 50s and kicked two goals in two matches, taking out her team’s MVP award.

The remarkable achievement comes after years of hard work and eight seasons of local footy under her belt.

Growing up in an exceptionally sporty family, Hamilton played basketball, Oztag, and was a national judo champion four years in a row.

But she knew from her first drop punt at the age of 10 that she’d found something special.

Asked to help make up the numbers for her brother’s team, a few years later she was captaining the Belconnen Magpies boys’ team.

Eligible for the 2022 AFLW draft, Hamilton has her attention focused solely on doing all she can to crack the big leagues.

“For the next 12 months, I’m going to put my head down and push, give it my all to get to the draft and get drafted,” she said.

:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back