Women's Footy GWS Giants - AFL Women's

Remove this Banner Ad

^ That was pretty good, some strong marks and tackling, a few stray handballs, there was one girl there with a very tidy left foot, they seemed to play with a fair bit of pace.

21 of the 28 listed players played, the rest were training and academy players, so understandable that there were a few stray balls.

I was just reading in the CAnberra Times this morning about Jess Bibby making the leadership group (the CT would focus on Bibby because she's an ex-Capitals basketballer).

I knew Bibby had been around forever, ex-Opal, etc, but I didn't realise she was 37. She has only played two games of footy in her life, but the squad clearly saw her as a professional who understands playing professionally and who had natural leadership qualities. I was also hoping that Bibby was bigger than she actually is (only 168 cm).

She was born and bred in Melbourne, so one would guess that she's kicked a footy on more than one occasion. I'm counting on her to be ultra-competitive and aggressive at the footy.

I was just reading in the CAnberra Times this morning about Jess Bibby making the leadership group (the CT would focus on Bibby because she's an ex-Capitals basketballer).

I knew Bibby had been around forever, ex-Opal, etc, but I didn't realise she was 37. She has only played two games of footy in her life, but the squad clearly saw her as a professional who understands playing professionally and who had natural leadership qualities. I was also hoping that Bibby was bigger than she actually is (only 168 cm).

She was born and bred in Melbourne, so one would guess that she's kicked a footy on more than one occasion. I'm counting on her to be ultra-competitive and aggressive at the footy.
Freo got Houghton, also has a basketball background, and had played 0 games of footy in her life. She just carved in their practice match.

The huge difference between getting male basketballers from the US, and female Australian basketballers who are footy fans is the women understand the game. They know what to do, its just fine tuning the skills.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So it's actually the same as a foundation membership, less the certificate and $15
Given entry is free the approach makes sense, but there is no need or purpose to buy it if you have the foundation one.
Didn't realise entry was free. Happy with the $60 to the club and the cert. Still have my foundarion members cap and rhey wiĺl be more important as time goes on I think.

So it's actually the same as a foundation membership, less the certificate and $15
Given entry is free the approach makes sense, but there is no need or purpose to buy it if you have the foundation one.
It's basically a symbolic donation to the women's team. Priced at a point that if you support the women's team, there is little reason not to get one.

It's basically a symbolic donation to the women's team. Priced at a point that if you support the women's team, there is little reason not to get one.

Agreed, and the more the merrier, my point was that for those who joined up as foundation members, this is the same package, just without the certificate and $15 cheaper, so you would be duplicating your purchase. To do that knowingly is great and the more that do the merrier..

AFL NSW/ACT SNSW ‏@AFLSNSW 21h21 hours ago
AFL NSW/ACT SNSW Retweeted AFL Women's

Congratulations to young guns Alyce Parker (Holbrook) and Jordyn Joliffe (Balranald)!

AFL NSW/ACT SNSW added,

C2cTDOsWQAEp3t2.jpg

AFL Women's @aflwomens
The inaugural @NAB Women’s Academy camp has commenced at @Ausport in #Canberra, fast-tracking young talent: http://bit.ly/2j7ZGxp

Remove this Banner Ad

Back