Women's Footy GWS Giants - AFL Women's

Remove this Banner Ad

Those of us who regularly drive up and down the Hume will be very familiar with the little township of Holbrook, one of the last to be by-passed, but still a good stop over for the bakery and submarine.

The primary school has always had goal posts up, so it must be inside the Barassi line, even if it's only 90 min south of Gundagai.

Good effort by Alyce Parker to make this squad.

GWS GIANTS ‏@GWSGIANTS 7m7 minutes ago
Warm up done! Under 20 minutes until the first bounce of our @aflwomens practice match against the Lions. #NeverSurrender

C2qrlDxXcAEdp0X.jpg

C2qrlD7XEAAKJMn.jpg

C2qrlD0WEAImad2.jpg

Hi all,
I'd like to promote and advertise a forum I created that is solely dedicated to GWS fans and members. I noticed that the Giants didn't have a forum like all the other AFL clubs so I have finished constructing one at giantsarena.boards.net
Registration is completely free and like BigFooty and other footy forums, it is an open forum to discuss and interact with other members.

If you could register and get this new GWS forum started, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Dude,

You've done the post - no need to do it in every thread.

You're just going to start pi$$ing people off.

Lions won by 16 in the end 3.10.28 to 2.0.12. GWS mids just couldn't seem to get the ball forward of centre for the vast majority of the match. Wet and windy conditions.

Both sides were very physical. Lions just seemed better around the stoppages.

Lions won by 16 in the end 3.10.28 to 2.0.12. GWS mids just couldn't seem to get the ball forward of centre for the vast majority of the match. Wet and windy conditions.

Both sides were very physical. Lions just seemed better around the stoppages.

There's a general expectation that the Lions (and Queensland women's footy more generally) is much further progressed than where we're at, so from that perspective, it's not a terrible scoreline for us.

Those of us who regularly drive up and down the Hume will be very familiar with the little township of Holbrook, one of the last to be by-passed, but still a good stop over for the bakery and submarine.

The primary school has always had goal posts up, so it must be inside the Barassi line, even if it's only 90 min south of Gundagai.

Good effort by Alyce Parker to make this squad.

Yep the Barassi line is around Tarcutta or a little bit south of that - about 40 minutes drive North from Holbrook to Tarcutta.

Look for the sign that says Barassi line, bit like the Mason Dixon line. ;)

Without wanting to be funny, there is no reason a progressive council couldn't make a quid out of it, open a servo, eatery etc , it would draw tourists like the dog on the tuckerbox which is a little bit further North.

Would be nice if some of these were organised for a time or day when people don't typically work...

You're invited to an exclusive meet and greet with the inaugural GIANTS AFL Women's team!

Where: GIANTS HQ

1 Olympic Blvd, Sydney Olympic Park 2127

When: Tuesday 7 February

Time: 4.30pm - 5.30pm

After the meet and greet, you can stay back and watch your inaugural AFL Women's team train in an exclusive open training session just for AFLW Foundation Members.

Would be nice if some of these were organised for a time or day when people don't typically work...

You're invited to an exclusive meet and greet with the inaugural GIANTS AFL Women's team!

Where: GIANTS HQ

1 Olympic Blvd, Sydney Olympic Park 2127

When: Tuesday 7 February

Time: 4.30pm - 5.30pm

After the meet and greet, you can stay back and watch your inaugural AFL Women's team train in an exclusive open training session just for AFLW Foundation Members.

Even more stupid timing than the season launch.

4:30 on a Tuesday?
:huh::huh::huh::(:mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, if you don't have Fox Footy you can watch a doco about the Road of Bones and a fishing show.

I think seven only committed to two games per round, which is crap.
They only committed to one. There is only 2 the first round, the opening game and Saturday night. The rest of the year is just the Saturday night game.

Is it going to be streamed on afl website? I have some issues with the app after updating but will sort?

We've named our team to take on Adelaide on Saturday.

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2017-02-02/first-aflw-team-named

GIANTS

FB: Alex Saundry, Kristy De Pellegrini
HB: Alex Williams, Renee Tomkins, Amanda Farrugia
C: Maddy Collier, Jessica Dal Pos, Ashleigh Guest
HF: Rebecca Beeson, Phoebe McWilliams, Aimee Schmidt
FF: Kate Stanton, Jacinda Barcley
RR: Clare Lawton, Nicola Barr, Emma Swanson

Interchange: Erin McKinnon, Britt Tully, Codie Briggs, Ella Ross, Hannah Wallett, Jess Bibby

Emergencies: Hannah Dunn (train-on player), Lisa Steane (train-on player)

So one out from the full back line, one from the full forward line. I was wondering where they'd take the two players from. I suppose you can always move a mid forward or back if you get on a roll, or the other side structures up differently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back