Women's Footy GWS Giants - AFL Women's

coniglio_number1

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2011
pannawonica
AFL Club
GWS
Fantastic idea. We'll lose a few interstaters back to their home states, but hopefully it keeps some of the locals in professional training programs. See how it pans out.
We could very well sign up prospective players that we are considering for the next draft on an extended trial run. Also the development of our NSW girls is something that can’t be overlooked

May 24, 2014
Canberra Region
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Ricciardo#3, Sydney Thunder
Congratulations to our girls who were names in the AA squad. Gum is one of four first year players to be named across the comp. Got to be odds on to make the final list of 21 next tuesday. How do Pies get 8 named?

Greater Western Sydney
Pepa Randall
Phoebe McWilliams
Alicia Eva
Courtney Gum
Erin McKinnon

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Massive congrats to our girls named.

How do Pies get 8 named?

I was wondering about that. My theories:

a) they have some extremely capable individuals but as a team they ain’t great

b) the judges have seen them more often because they are Melbourne based and see more AA qualities than the casual viewer

c) they know their names and don’t know those in other teams

May 24, 2014
Canberra Region
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Ricciardo#3, Sydney Thunder
Massive congrats to our girls named.

I was wondering about that. My theories:

a) they have some extremely capable individuals but as a team they ain’t great

b) the judges have seen them more often because they are Melbourne based and see more AA qualities than the casual viewer

c) they know their names and don’t know those in other teams
When in doubt, pick C.....

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
Congrats to Gummo for taking out the MVP - but I do have a question though. How can you be considered the best player in the league but only the second best first year player?:huh:

Congrats also to Fridge on placing second behind Saint Daisy as the best captain.

WINNERS AND TOP POLLING PLAYERS

AFLW Players’ MVP, proudly presented by Gloria Jean’s

1) Courtney Gum, GIANTS – 219
2) Karen Paxman, Melbourne Demons – 150
3) Chelsea Randall, Adelaide Crows - 128

Most Courageous, proudly presented by Vifor Pharma

1) Chelsea Randall, Adelaide Crows – 90
2) Courtney Gum, GIANTS – 35
3) Katie Loynes, Carlton Blues – 33

AFLW Players’ Best First Year Player Award, proudly presented by The Line

1) Chloe Molloy, Collingwood Magpies – 84
2) Courtney Gum, GIANTS – 79
3) Sophie Conway, Brisbane Lions - 10

AFLW Players’ Best Captain, proudly presented by KPMG

1) Daisy Pearce, Melbourne Demons - 55
2) Amanda Farrugia, GIANTS - 47
3) Brianna Davey, Carlton - 42

Congrats to Gummo for taking out the MVP - but I do have a question though. How can you be considered the best player in the league but only the second best first year player?:huh:

Congrats also to Fridge on placing second behind Saint Daisy as the best captain.

WINNERS AND TOP POLLING PLAYERS

AFLW Players’ MVP, proudly presented by Gloria Jean’s

1) Courtney Gum, GIANTS – 219
2) Karen Paxman, Melbourne Demons – 150
3) Chelsea Randall, Adelaide Crows - 128

Most Courageous, proudly presented by Vifor Pharma

1) Chelsea Randall, Adelaide Crows – 90
2) Courtney Gum, GIANTS – 35
3) Katie Loynes, Carlton Blues – 33

AFLW Players’ Best First Year Player Award, proudly presented by The Line

1) Chloe Molloy, Collingwood Magpies – 84
2) Courtney Gum, GIANTS – 79
3) Sophie Conway, Brisbane Lions - 10

AFLW Players’ Best Captain, proudly presented by KPMG

1) Daisy Pearce, Melbourne Demons - 55
2) Amanda Farrugia, GIANTS - 47
3) Brianna Davey, Carlton - 42
Yup, very proud members in this house :)

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
2018 AFLW ALL-AUSTRALIAN TEAM
Backs: Chloe Molloy (Collingwood), Kate Lutkins (Brisbane Lions)
Half backs: Hannah Scott (Western Bulldogs), Chelsea Randall — captain (Adelaide), Ebony Antonio (Fremantle)
Centres: Dana Hooker (Fremantle), Emma Kearney (Western Bulldogs), Alicia Eva (GWS Giants)
Half forwards: Elise O’Dea (Melbourne), Sabrina Frederick-Traub (Brisbane Lions), Brooke Lochland (Western Bulldogs)
Forwards: Jessica Wuetschner (Brisbane Lions), Christina Bernardi (Collingwood)
Followers: Erin McKinnon (GWS GIANTS), Courtney Gum (GWS Giants), Daisy Pearce — vice-captain (Melbourne)
Interchange: Emily Bates (Brisbane Lions), Tayla Harris (Carlton), Karen Paxman (Melbourne), Ellie Blackburn (Western Bulldogs), Meg Downie (Melbourne)

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...d/news-story/6df4632ba6c61aee67074154d6d20e4f

Congratulations to Alicia Eva, Courtney Gum & Erin McKinnon for winning AFLW AA honours for season 2018. All well deserved.

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
I will say that Ellie Aquitaine’s response when the votes were read out was one of stunned incredulity. I also remember Eva being that week’s Monday Champion/Monday Hero, whatever they call it, on the Women’s Footy Panel Show on Fox Footy.

But then again, you see it in the men’s Brownlow as well.

And we do spend a lot of time questioning their mental capacity - why would this be any different?

I will say that Ellie Aquitaine’s response when the votes were read out was one of stunned incredulity. I also remember Eva being that week’s Monday Champion/Monday Hero, whatever they call it, on the Women’s Footy Panel Show on Fox Footy.

But then again, you see it in the men’s Brownlow as well.

And we do spend a lot of time questioning their mental capacity - why would this be any different?
Yup, drinks at half time imo

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2018-03-28/eva-claims-2018-gabrielle-trainor-medal

SLIDER-TRAINOR-EVA.jpg

GIANTS vice-captain Alicia Eva has capped off an outstanding first season in the orange and charcoal, winning the Gabrielle Trainor Medal as AFLW club champion on Wednesday night.
In front of almost 200 people at Rosehill Racecourse in Western Sydney, Eva polled consistently across the seven rounds to finish on 79 votes, 10 ahead of AFLW Players’ MVP Courtney Gum.
Inaugural captain Amanda Farrugia finished on 61 votes with reigning Gabrielle Trainor Medallist Jessica Dal Pos and Rising Star winner Elle Bennetts rounding out the top five.

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2018-03-28/eva-claims-2018-gabrielle-trainor-medal

SLIDER-TRAINOR-EVA.jpg

GIANTS vice-captain Alicia Eva has capped off an outstanding first season in the orange and charcoal, winning the Gabrielle Trainor Medal as AFLW club champion on Wednesday night.
In front of almost 200 people at Rosehill Racecourse in Western Sydney, Eva polled consistently across the seven rounds to finish on 79 votes, 10 ahead of AFLW Players’ MVP Courtney Gum.
Inaugural captain Amanda Farrugia finished on 61 votes with reigning Gabrielle Trainor Medallist Jessica Dal Pos and Rising Star winner Elle Bennetts rounding out the top five.
Totally deserved :)

Back