Club Focus GWS Giants 2020 - Hogan, Preuss, Bruhn, Stone, Angwin, Fleeton, Wehr

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

So you’re saying that in 3 preseasons he’s been unable to improve his endurance then?

Just trying to follow your logic.
I mean it's better than using 2 games from 2017 to justify his ability as a ruck lol

No. I made the comment a couple of weeks ago, before he was dropped. He is currently a liability as midfielder and the giants have signed him on a ridiculous contract. They need to find a role for him that benefits the team.

He is an excellent run-with player, if he returned to that role I think he could be as good as Ben Jacobs. This was my helpful suggestion.

Coniglio is not a run with type of player, just down on form.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I mean it's better than using 2 games from 2017 to justify his ability as a ruck lol
Is it? Can you name another ruckman who’s ever managed 40 hit outs and two goals in his second game playing primary ruck?

Is it? Can you name another ruckman who’s ever managed 40 hit outs and two goals in his second game playing primary ruck?
So we are doing this huh haha

Can you name me a ruck who has not played full time ruck minutes IN ANY GAME for close to 4 years, and then joining another club and shouldering the entire ruck load with ease? Which fact is more important do you reckon?

As another Collingwood supporter, even I'm not this delusional lol

So we are doing this huh haha

Can you name me a ruck who has not played full time ruck minutes IN ANY GAME for close to 4 years, and then joining another club and shouldering the entire ruck load with ease? Which fact is more important do you reckon?

As another Collingwood supporter, even I'm not this delusional lol
He shouldered the load with minimal experience and only a couple of preseasons under his belt the first time. A full preseason of preparation would be sufficient.

Oh, and Lynch did it for us in his first year after crossing from WC when Witts (I think) got injured in the first few minutes of the game. You’re overestimating how heavy the load is here, it’s not like the majority of rucks in the league are endurance freaks.

He shouldered the load with minimal experience and only a couple of preseasons under his belt the first time. A full preseason of preparation would be sufficient.

Oh, and Lynch did it for us in his first year after crossing from WC when Witts (I think) got injured in the first few minutes of the game. You’re overestimating how heavy the load is here, it’s not like the majority of rucks in the league are endurance freaks.
How does this have any relevance to anything that has been said? Did Quinten Lynch play as the #1 ruck for the whole season, like what you are suggesting Cox could do for GWS?

Lynch played as #1 ruck for like 5 games in 2013, was okay, but clearly struggled severely, and didn't play a single game post 2013. Also, I am not overestimating the strains of the #1 ruck lol, are you sure you're not doing the exact opposite?

There's a reason why rucks take years to develop. There's a reason why the R/F role was introduced. There's a reason why there are so many injury prone rucks, and why Nic Nat still has durability issues over 10 years into his career.

Why would GWS want another mediocre ruck with durability issues to their suite of C-grade retirees (Mumford, Jacob)?

How does this have any relevance to anything that has been said? Did Quinten Lynch play as the #1 ruck for the whole season, like what you are suggesting Cox could do for GWS?

Lynch played as #1 ruck for like 5 games in 2013, was okay, but clearly struggled severely, and didn't play a single game post 2013. Also, I am not overestimating the strains of the #1 ruck lol, are you sure you're not doing the exact opposite?

There's a reason why rucks take years to develop. There's a reason why the R/F role was introduced. There's a reason why there are so many injury prone rucks, and why Nic Nat still has durability issues over 10 years into his career.

Why would GWS want another mediocre ruck with durability issues to their suite of C-grade retirees (Mumford, Jacob)?
Rucks take time to develop because they require a certain amount of core strength to play the role, which for most, doesn’t come for a few years. Cox, at 29 is already developed enough and has been in the system long enough for strength and durability to not be an issue. Not my fault if you can’t see it.

Rucks take time to develop because they require a certain amount of core strength to play the role, which for most, doesn’t come for a few years. Cox, at 29 is already developed enough and has been in the system long enough for strength and durability to not be an issue. Not my fault if you can’t see it.
I lowkey feel like your tactic is to just avoid the bulk of the argument, mention some random information with no relevance whatsoever, and then throw in a distracting statement that doesn't address the topic at all. Pretty funny now that I think about it lol, it's like I'm talking to a child

Yes Cox has so much core strength he loses 1 on 1 wrestles against 99% of the key defenders in the game. Oh, by the time, he also sometimes gets nudged out and beaten by midfielders half his size

Also, this argument is actually getting pretty embarrassing, I'll leave the rest of the fun to you.

I lowkey feel like your tactic is to just avoid the bulk of the argument, mention some random information with no relevance whatsoever, and then throw in a distracting statement that doesn't address the topic at all. Pretty funny now that I think about it lol, it's like I'm talking to a child

Yes Cox has so much core strength he loses 1 on 1 wrestles against 99% of the key defenders in the game. Oh, by the time, he also sometimes gets nudged out and beaten by midfielders half his size

Also, this argument is actually getting pretty embarrassing, I'll leave the rest of the fun to you.
Cox is fine with body contact in the ruck when he’s prepared for it, it’s marking contests where he gets contact from someone out of his field of vision that is his weakness. Just another reason he’s more of a ruckman than a forward. Thanks for pointing that out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should offer Ladhams 600k a year and they’ll be sorted for the next decade.
We could do worse.
I think the club thinks they have the guys in Flynn and Briggs.
I hope they are right!

Depends how much they rate Flynn and Briggs as to which ruck/s they get. A cheap/old/somewhat capable option if they are confident their young guys are the real deal. Hickey seems a good option.
Someone younger line Preuss if they think their junior rucks are not future top liners.

Would it be worth taking a flier at Kreuzer for a year or two?

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I can't think of a worse option for us to pursue. Amazing player when he's on but his injury history would scare off any club, let alone our rabble of a medical department.
Wait that hasn't stopped us in the past, could be on to something

What will be hard for trying to recruit a ruck is getting them to move to Sydney as has been shown the last few years it takes extra money the club is reluctant to overpay and also what it has available and I think with the virus situation it will make it harder to entice players and Preuss I feel is unproven and although he ahs shown some good potential he could also turn out to be a wash out

LOL I shouldnt be posting this but

If I was the GWS list manager i would offer the $600k-$650k to Nankervis , The guy is a proven worrier Ruckman tat gets the job done and durable
Younger mummy

LOL I shouldnt be posting this but

If I was the GWS list manager i would offer the $600k-$650k to Nankervis , The guy is a proven worrier Ruckman tat gets the job done and durable
Younger mummy
You're right you shouldn't have posted that, we're losing Williams because of salary, it'd be a slap in the face to the fans giving that much to Nank

Tom hickey will be wanting more opportunities as he is a good enough ruckman to not be playing afl . He would be a cheap stop gap for GWS whilst their young rucks develop.

He is contracted but I doubt WCE would stop him leaving for opportunity.

We have cover in vardy and williams who could come in and a young beanpole in jamerson who is a work in progress.

No idea what we would ask for I doubt he is worth much but we wouldn't lose him for nothing .

Swap for langdon ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back