GWS Giants jumper numbers history

Remove this Banner Ad

Jumper number games numbers now updated to the end of 2021

sort of

I hope

AFL Tables, where I source my game numbers from (and is a good stats source in general) had Sam Reid playing in the #20 in rounds 1, 2 & 5.

I don’t know how to confirm this and find it rather weird, so at present have given all 3 games to his usual #50 - but if someone can enlighten me as to what happened I can always make an adjustment.

other than that…

#11 continues to be cursed
#10 got it‘s 5th owner putting it behind only the #11 in terms of numbers of owners (but Dev ensured it has plenty of game time)
#45 was reactivated mid-year after a 6 year ownership absence

AFL Tables, where I source my game numbers from (and is a good stats source in general) had Sam Reid playing in the #20 in rounds 1, 2 & 5.

I don’t know how to confirm this and find it rather weird, so at present have given all 3 games to his usual #50 - but if someone can enlighten me as to what happened I can always make an adjustment.

Raise it with him (I normally get my stats from there too).

AFL definitely has him in #50, and I think any number change would've been notable.

Probably just a typo in his database.

Updated end dates for 4 players - to 2021: Sam Reid, Matt Buntine, Nick Shipley & Tom Hutchesson.

2022 Jumper Numbers Revealed (gwsgiants.com.au)

#17 - Finn Callaghan
#20 - James Peatling (changing from #45)
#21 - Leek Alleer
#31 - Jarrod Brander
#34 - Josh Fahey
#43 - Cooper Hamilton

First post updated with closure dates for players departed at end of 2022, and jumper numbers for new players in 2023.

2 - Darcy Jones
5 - Aaron Cadman
14 - Toby Bedford
24 - Harry Rowston
31 - Toby McMullin
35 - Max Gruzewski
41 - Nick Madden
42 - Jason Gilbee

1670141697145.png

Jumper number history updated to the end of the 2023 season.

Lachie Ash becomes the new leader in the #7 jumper, passing Rhys Palmer in round 14 v Freo
Brent Daniels overtook Nathan Wilson in the #16 in round 23 v Essendon
Connor Idun now the most represented in the #39 having gone past Tim Mohr in Round 7 v Sydney

Last edited:
sorry - edited

also Lachie Whitfield (10th) Nick Haynes (9th) and Josh Kelly (10th) all move into the top 10 V/AFL wide for their respective numbers while Adam Kennedy moves up one slot to 6th in the #40 and Cal Ward moves 5 slots to 4th in the #8

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back