Autopsy GWS Giants v Geelong AFL Rd 1 2020 - Saturday March 21 7:25pm AEDT (Giants Stadium) TEAMS ANNOUNCED

GWS v Cats winner?

• GWS by a lot

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • GWS by a small margin

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Geelong by a lot

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Geelong by a small margin

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

no obvious changes in personnel down there?
GWS FWDs are good, but not that good, maybe Geelong trying different systems.
Cats zone off too much. Green got a few out the back goals because Geelong defenders were ball watching. They just needed to pay more attention. Won’t be any changes I wouldn’t of thought. Kolo injured, Bews doubt it.

Didn’t watch the whole game but actually didn’t mind us tonight from what I did see. Giants kicked like a dream. We won areas of the game I thought we’d lose, lost the key area of the game that I thought we’d win. Thought it would be an avalanche into our defensive 50 and that we would have to hang on and just take our chances. Almost the opposite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn’t watch the whole game but actually didn’t mind us tonight from what I did see. Giants kicked like a dream. We won areas of the game I thought we’d lose, lost the key area of the game that I thought we’d win. Thought it would be an avalanche into our defensive 50 and that we would have to hang on and just take our chances. Almost the opposite.
Kelly is going to be a massive loss - and it showed.

His presser was absolutely 1st class.

Im not not normally his biggest fan but I am now.

Magnanimous. Intelligent.

Well bloody said Chris Scott. Salute you.

I agree, he was good. Seemed to be talking about the AFL's and the government's response to the current situation at the same time.
Basically saying these are extraordinary times and people need to listen to those in authority and "fall into line" (his words).
I think I agree with him.
As for the game, a road trip to Giants Stadium is as tough as it gets these last few years, and besides, anytime a Top 4 team is
kicking for goal at 85% (17.3 last night) you aren't going to beat them.

His presser was absolutely 1st class.

Im not not normally his biggest fan but I am now.

Magnanimous. Intelligent.

Well bloody said Chris Scott. Salute you.
really?
I thought it was straight up weird- just who on Earth was he targeting with his message of 'stop complaining and do what you are told'. The whole AFL has worked together very well, the club members hugely supportive, MCC hugely supportive, considering the situation.

Unless he has got some massive friction from within Geelong that noone else has seen, he seems to like creating bogey men to shoot them down.

Reminds when he was going on about 'everyone's saying Richmond are unbeatable' when absolutely nobody was.
Stuff is in his head.

EDIT: Caro just saying of Offsiders that the players and maybe AFLPA have been having a major whinge.
So maybe Scott was have a crack at the players

Last edited:
Geelong have problems all over the place, the most glaring being, they have a very ordinary list of players. The Giants were have a training run while the Cats didn't want to be there. I'd say it will be a very long season, but i reckon this nonsense will all be over by Anzac Day!

Back