Game Day GWS Giants v Hawthorn, Round 21 - 19:50 AEST, Aug 09, 2019.

Remove this Banner Ad

I know roaming Brian can be painful and often at times awkward, but there’s a pleasant human element to that cuts through the normal football talk that I don’t mind

He and channel 7 have created a great little persona for him
Yeah I’ve always thought if there’s one thing the coverage lacks it’s post game analysis from gacked up morons.

Many years ago Barry Richardson addressed the Richmond players in a night series match while sporting an umbrella (a pink one!). The commentators were critical of the message it sent to players and Richmond duly lost the game.

Clarko did a reverse Barry Richardson tonight.

Pretty sure Barry also used to sport a fur coat occasionally when coaching on cold days. Considering his schooling was as a boarder at St Patrick’s in Ballarat ( coldest place on Earth ) I could never understand that.

Noticed Clarko and the players weren't buying into the BS the commentary team was spewing about 'Clarko's genius psychological tactic of getting the players to embrace the conditions'.
FFS, BT wouldn't let up "but it looked like it".
That crap is on par with the contrived celebrations after winning the toss in AFLX game or players running from everywhere to ruffle the hair of a debutant who kicked his first goal after getting a free kick in the goal square.

Surely Cameron under pressure. But he’s in NSW, So luckily can’t be targeted by Victorian media. Not gonna make top 4. The team underachieved under him.

That was terrible by the Giants.

One team looked like they were having a crack and the other wanted to be home in front of the heater.

Giants have no spirit.

And yes Cameron has under achieved massively.

It’s not so much the losing- it’s the lack of any commitment. Best example- Hawthorn won the first 6 clearances. That set a very poor tone.
And we are usually poor at clearances too.

All we need now is the cats to lock in 1st and the tigers to finish 4th. We all know its good for footy haha

"Joel, you're the away captain, it's your call..." 😂

I know roaming Brian can be painful and often at times awkward, but there’s a pleasant human element to that cuts through the normal football talk that I don’t mind

He and channel 7 have created a great little persona for him
Even when he goes up to a family of the debutant and calls them "The Gang"?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As pathetic as you can actually get from the Giants, is Leon Cameron escaping pressure he deserves for not fulfilling this teams potential.

Awesome side!!!!!!!

Well played. I love how people keep writing them off but they keep coming back regardless of injuries/ladder position.

Loads of heart.
Yeah but how come Port cops so much heat for being up and down...bet Hinkley wishes he cops the genius tag whenever port knocks off a contender.

That was terrible by the Giants.

One team looked like they were having a crack and the other wanted to be home in front of the heater.

Giants have no spirit.

And yes Cameron has under achieved massively.

Hopper being out pushed their midfield over the edge.... Ward, Kelly, Coniglio, De Boar, Hopper. It's just too many good players out of one section of the ground imo..

Yeah but how come Port cops so much heat for being up and down...bet Hinkley wishes he cops the genius tag whenever port knocks off a contender.

How many premierships has Hinkley won?

When you're missing 4 of your top 5 mids, the stoppages are going to be hard for you. We've struggled all year in that area while only missing Mitchell. I can only imagine how s**t our midfield would be if we were missing Mitchell, O'Meara, Worpel and Shiels. We've be losing by 10 goals every week.

And two forwards like Gunston and Breust. They missing finlayson and himmelberg.

GWS had some major outs, but then again so did we:

Mitchell
Gunston
Big Boy
Impey

Add to that both Scrimshaw and Birchall, who would have definitely been playing had they been fit enough.

Injuries wouldn't have made up the result in the end - that result was down to ticker, and unfortunately only a few GWS players bothered to show any tonight

Further to that they seemed unprepared for the conditions.

I really like their side and the talent that they have, but I've come to the conclusion that regardless of how talented they are I don't think they will win a flag with Cameron at the helm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back