Game Day GWS Giants v Western Bulldogs, Finals Week 1 - 15:20 AEST, Sep 07, 2019

Who will win GWS v WB?

• GWS Giants <10

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • GWS Giants 10+ to <30

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • GWS Giants 30+

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • Bulldogs <10

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • Bulldogs 10+ to <30

Votes: 34 37.4%
  • Bulldogs 30+

Votes: 12 13.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS Giants v Western Bulldogs, Finals Week 1 - 15:20 AEST, Sep 07, 2019

GWS-vs-Bulldogs.png

gwsvdogsfw1.png

FREE for 14 days:
Stream the game LIVE to any device.

Tip the game now - win cash 'n' prizes

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

qual-elim-finals.jpg

Thread Rule: No umpire complaining until after the game.

Last edited:

There no one who can stop him!!!

View attachment 735180
We actually don't have a good match up for him. Trengove has been our no 1 KPD all year, was dropped for the last round.
Lewis Young is raw as hell, and Cordy is out of form and too small.

We need our mids to reduce supply and pressure the ball carrier as letting GWS have clean inside 50 entries will kill us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard game to tip to be honest:

I'm not expecting the giants to continue to dish up the rubbish they have been. Boy the Dogs are the team I fear the most even more than the tiges (just) since the bye they've adopted a swarm and spread method similar to 16 - very difficult to defeat.

I'd actually like to watch them play the pies or tiges to see who's pressure game stacks up better but I don't want us to play em for obvious reasons.

Giants will need to be at their absolute transitional best and will need to add speed to their movement to get around that pressure.

The one ace the giants do have is the list they possess and I believe Finlayson is to come back in. Key to quell Noughton maybe? But then you've gotta keep guy's like Dale and Lapynsky in check also.

All I can say is thank you Hawks, may have possibly met the dogs if they lost.

Going to be won or lost in the middle. If our mids continue to dominate the way they have in recent weeks, I think we’ll win comfortably. If GWS mids can get the footy on the outside and have clean entries into their forward 50, Cameron will kick 6 goals plus and Finlayson/Himmelberg will be a handful too.

Going to be won or lost in the middle. If our mids continue to dominate the way they have in recent weeks, I think we’ll win comfortably. If GWS mids can get the footy on the outside and have clean entries into their forward 50, Cameron will kick 6 goals plus and Finlayson/Himmelberg will be a handful too.

100% The midfield battle will be what decides this.

The one ace the giants do have is the list they possess and I believe Finlayson is to come back in. Key to quell Noughton maybe? But then you've gotta keep guy's like Dale and Lapynsky in check also.

Finlayson will play forward. Cameron, Himmelberg and Finlayson will stretch us.

By golly the Dogs look magnificent, and the Giants less so.

But finals bring surprises and what if Giants are ready and execute and the Dogs are a few % points off?

With Dogs being the unanimous faves, its the type of herd mentality that makes you wonder the other way.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

GWS' backline is a worry for us. Haynes, Shawn, Williams, Whitfield and Davis are all fantastic players. Definitely need to shut down at the very least Whitfield and Davis IMO.

Back