Game Day GWS Giants v Western Bulldogs, Finals Week 1 - 15:20 AEST, Sep 07, 2019

Who will win GWS v WB?

• GWS Giants <10

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • GWS Giants 10+ to <30

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • GWS Giants 30+

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • Bulldogs <10

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • Bulldogs 10+ to <30

Votes: 34 37.4%
  • Bulldogs 30+

Votes: 12 13.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
He hasnt been. Its "Serious Misconduct". For a number of seperate incidents. If all he did was hair pull hed get a fine. If all he did was push bonts head into the ground hed get a fine, if all he did was scratch hed get a fine, if theres video of eye gouging he'll get weeks. Roll the hairpull, the head lean, the scratching and eye gouging and he should get lots of weeks.

Add his disgraceful record and he should get lots of weeks.

But its finals and he plays for the AFL club so who knows?

Hair pull and face rub gets a fine according to Thursday's game.

But can see him getting a week.

An AFL club lol funny coming from the AFL Fairytale club.

Bont got off didn't he?

Mar 5, 2015
West of Woop Woop
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Marconi, Arsenal, GreenEdge
Hair pull and face rub gets a fine according to Thursday's game.

But can see him getting a week.

An AFL club lol funny coming from the AFL Fairytale club.

Bont got off didn't he?
Bont got off because anybody with half a football brain could see it was an accident. Thursdays game precedent means seperate incidents can get fined, my point (which you are so obviously choosing to ignore) was that TG's been cited for a bunch of incidents (which happening seperately would likely be fined) happened in one rolling continuing incident, interrupted only by an obvious look to see if the umps not looking "OK, IM clear hes not loking, now Ill go in for another go", the entirety of TG's actions have been rolled into one charge. labelled Serious. TG's actions dont have a precedent that I can recall.

You know this and youre just blowing smoke coz you know he should get lots of weeks. And his record doesnt help. You also know youre a manufactured club thats gotta try to manufacture support at games (giveaway flags anyone? Gotta get some orange in the stands somehow, right?)

Thanks.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Bont got off because anybody with half a football brain could see it was an accident. Thursdays game precedent means seperate incidents can get fined, my point (which you are so obviously choosing to ignore) was that TG's been cited for a bunch of incidents (which happening seperately would likely be fined) happened in one rolling continuing incident, interrupted only by an obvious look to see if the umps not looking "OK, IM clear hes not loking, now Ill go in for another go", the entirety of TG's actions have been rolled into one charge. labelled Serious. TG's actions dont have a precedent that I can recall.

You know this and youre just blowing smoke coz you know he should get lots of weeks. And his record doesnt help. You also know youre a manufactured club thats gotta try to manufacture support at games (giveaway flags anyone? Gotta get some orange in the stands somehow, right?)

Thanks.

Nice sook. Really don't like losing eh?

Bont - no injury.
Haynes - fractured larynx.

You are a flog.

No injury? He has a black eye & multiple scratches, for about the 500th time the Haynes injury was a freak occurrence for something that is seen in every AFL game due to being a contact sport. He didn't line him up & try to go through him, unfortunately that is too much for you newbies to the game to even understand

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
An all-time bad finals performance by WB on Saturday. I expect them to regress similarly to Melbourne after that demoralising loss.
Time will tell, but are you forgetting West Coast getting thumped, by an even greater margin and in an arguably worse manner, at the very same ground 2 years ago?

Brunswick Trap King

Lord Mayor of Melbourne
Jun 1, 2009
Brunswick
AFL Club
West Coast
Time will tell, but are you forgetting West Coast getting thumped, by an even greater margin and in an arguably worse manner, at the very same ground 2 years ago?
West Coast definitely regressed the following year but fair point. Probably need English to continue developing at a similar level to be better next year.

Bay Giant

All Australian
Jun 20, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
No injury? He has a black eye & multiple scratches, for about the 500th time the Haynes injury was a freak occurrence for something that is seen in every AFL game due to being a contact sport. He didn't line him up & try to go through him, unfortunately that is too much for you newbies to the game to even understand
There is footage of Bont copping friendly fire from later in the game doing the rounds. Can you clearly say that he got up from this incident with Toby with the black eye??

HurleyHepsHird

Ghost Stories for the End of the World
Oct 2, 2011
Between the Lines
AFL Club
West Coast
So thats a no on the being poked in the eye before.

No vibe at all. I reckon Bont will confirm it.

His neck isn't his eye, hair pull(very very stupid act) isn't his eye.

Using the racism card for stuff like this cheapens the actual issue of racism in this country and planet.
I bet you defended the Goodes booing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sharpiesadog

Team Captain
Sep 8, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Derby County
West Coast definitely regressed the following year but fair point. Probably need English to continue developing at a similar level to be better next year.
Regressed so much they won the premiership!

English and a whole host of others should continue to improve next year, future looking good at the dogs.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
I'm not outraged and NN was suspended for the tackle.

his is a pre-existing gripe. There's a different way guys like Lindsay Thomas or Adam Goodes were talked about in the media v say Mumford, Rance or Toby Greene.
Wtf? Goodes is rightly loved by 90% of the media.

And he was never Boo'd at a Giants game.

Greene is, rightly or wrongly, smashed by the AFL media.

I think you are looking for something here that isn't there.

Racism is a big problem in this country and the planet but has nothing to do with this.

Anyone watch the players around Bont and Tobes?

Check out Lids head and what's being done to it.....

It’ll will all come out in the wash tonight one way or another. Either way, you are playing this week and we ain’t and that’s pretty much all that matters.

Back