Preview GWS GIANTS vs. Collingwood (SSGS) (T), Sat Jul 20 4:35PM // PREVIEW Rd 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
GWS-vs-Coll.png

709487 709488

Date​
Venue​
Home v Away Teams​
Result​
High Disposals​
High Goals​
Semi Final, 15 Sep 2018​
MCG​
Collingwood defeats GWS​
69-59​
L. Whitfield 31
S. Sidebottom 31​
J. De Goey 3​
Round 2, 31 Mar 2018​
MCG​
Collingwood defeated by GWS​
79-95​
T. Phillips 32​
S. Coniglio 3
J. Cameron 3​
Round 8, 13 May 2017​
Showground Stadium​
GWS defeats Collingwood​
102-99​
J. Kelly 36​
J. Cameron 6​
Round 16, 9 Jul 2016​
Showground Stadium​
GWS defeated by Collingwood​
93-125​
T. Adams 31​
J. Cameron 5​
Round 11, 14 Jun 2015​
MCG​
Collingwood defeats GWS​
119-77​
T. Adams 36​
T. Cloke 5​
Round 22, 23 Aug 2014​
Showground Stadium​
67-75​
T. Greene 42​
J. Thomas 3​
Round 18, 27 Jul 2013​
MCG​
Collingwood defeats GWS​
106-66​
D. Swan 39​
J. Cameron 7​
Round 18, 28 Jul 2012​
Showground Stadium​
54-174​
D. Swan 37
A. Treloar 37​
T. Cloke 6​

Stream AFL Live to any device - 14 days free

Last edited:
  • Admin
Not about this game but I am not sure I am a fan of all these preview threads, especially on a Monday as all it does is clutter up the main board with preview and post game threads.
If they're not popular, they float down the list. Around Wednesday we sticky them.

Giants have been down for awhile and are due for a win. I kinda feel they'll bounce back and win. Collingwood might be a bit ragged after last week but could be wrong.

Scharenberg and one or both of Adams and Howe to come in for Moore and Pendles (probably) and maybe someone else. We have more than our fair share of injuries too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez injuries are at their worst.

Would have loved to see both sides at full strength would be a cracker.

Off the top of my head:

Ward, Coniglio, Kelly, Davis, DeBoer, Patton.

Moore, Beams, Elliott, Wells, Langdon, Stephenson (I know not injured but a loss).

Game would be totally different.

Hoping for a good game. With no more injuries. Plus a Pies win... hopefully.

Geez injuries are at their worst.

Would have loved to see both sides at full strength would be a cracker.

Off the top of my head:

Ward, Coniglio, Kelly, Davis, DeBoer, Patton.

Moore, Beams, Elliott, Wells, Langdon, Stephenson (I know not injured but a loss).

Game would be totally different.

Hoping for a good game. With no more injuries. Plus a Pies win... hopefully.

Don't forget about Greenwood. He was awesome last week. Really stood up hard against West Coast and that toughness will be missed.

In saying this......

The majority of people are saying Collingwood. I also strongly think Collingwood, primarily due to GWS injuries. They have some huge names out and all the guys out are in the same position - The Midfield... so they really have a hole too big to cover.

Now... The betting odds are GWS 2.05 and Collingwood 1.80. Collingwood seems like a steal at 1.80. The Bookies aren't dumb. Usually when the public are all over Team X, and that teams odds are super juicy.. that team usually loses. Let's see if the bookies have it right. Based on these odds, and provided there is no big change the odds leading up to the game, GWS will probably get the win.

Wouldn't right off GWS for mine, this could be one of those "back against the wall" games. They've had their critics of their "ticker" i:e it's claimed we haven't seen much of the mental grunt that gets them wins they shouldn't.

With all due respect, purely with the weight of injuries and given their game style is more personnel reliant than the Pies - this is one of those they shouldn't.

It's a chance to make a statement "We're more than just a flashy list with depth, we've got ticker to win the ones we shouldn't"

It's also a chance for their opponents to really announce that grunt swarm spread game is back. It really does hinge if the game the Pies bring if they bring what they did last week they'll win and win well. If they revert to that "control possession" (ball massaging!) - they will lose. I doubt they'll make that mistake.

Pies by 5 goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back