Game Day GWS Giants vs Gold Coast Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Still some kicking yips there. They are playing good rebound footy and counter punching when they can. Bit like us from a couple of years ago. Gotta be frustrating for a Suns supporter for it to get to this point. Having said that, we should be another four goals the good, at least. Got to put them to the sword. Just has to be done.

Last year when we kicked 16.23 on ANZAC Day I couldn't care less.

I had a devastating family tragedy and I was a zombie, oblivious to the game itself.

If we shovel up the same s**t again today, I'll be bloody ropeable.

What I just witnessed from Williams in the lead up to the Palmer goal in the 4Th just blows my mind.

So, somewhat of an opposed training run given that GCS were a bit disappointing, but plenty to be positive about:
  • midfield were really good again, getting the clearances and putting heaps of pressure on (Cogs fabulous again, put the clamps on GAJ, & Hopper did really well on debut with an equal game-high 9 clearances & look pretty composed in his debut, Shiel a jet & Kelly looked oh so silky & can he kick a goal)
  • forward line is starting to look really ominous: Cameron back to his scintillating best & kicking 7 goals from all sorts of avenues, Lobb had bugger all ball yet still kicked 3 goals, Patton looked really good and did some great work on and off the ball & kicked a couple, while Palmer and Stevie J were solid (while also delivering this year's Comedy Capers moment with their collision in the goal square)
  • backline had less to do than some weeks, but good to see Mohr back & a solid hitout on Lynch kept him quiet, Heath Shaw & Nick Haynes were at their intercepting best (love Haynes' hands), while that was I think Zac Williams' best game for us)
But, need to keep improving for the Doggies next week:
  • poor kicking for goal, again - we seemed to have improved the last few weeks but regressed tonight
  • little bit of selfishness coming in at times - guys look for players in better position

The Tigers just did us a favour by knocking off the Swans by a point after the siren.

So we're now third on the ladder, second on percentage, and first in terms of point scored.

Have to wait for the result of the Bullldogs-Demons game tomorrow to see where we finish the round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully we get a crowd to see it

Suns as small as us - fans not travelling in numbers - team playing s#*t. Not surprised it was a small crowd.

Expect more doggies fans next week, help boost the numbers

that and we have the Chantoozies AND the Eurogliders playing half time/post match. That should really bring em in by the truckload :eek::D:rolleyes::oops:;)

Suns were terrible. Played without any real spirit, going through the motions waiting for the siren to go. The match never looked anything other than a 10+ goal win.

Giants were good.

Zac Williams (I think?) goes for some flamboyant one handed pickups. So far so good.

Jon Patton made a few nice plays. Picked out a few nice field kicks, competed well in the air. Still waiting for his set shot goalkicking to return, IIRC that was a strength pre-knee so I have faith.

Coniglio was good again, sure, fine, this is normal now.

Jacob Hopper everyone! Dude is a competitive machine. He fits into our midfield perfectly. Use of the ball is OK without being noteworthy. Just wins contests. Watched him at a couple of centre bounces when he was against Ablett and he just forced his way to the front of the contest. The play where he splits two defenders to grab the ball and take the (touched?) shot at goal was classic. He keeps playing like that and it's a nice selection problem to have.

Suns as small as us - fans not travelling in numbers - team playing s#*t. Not surprised it was a small crowd.

Expect more doggies fans next week, help boost the numbers

that and we have the Chantoozies AND the Eurogliders playing half time/post match. That should really bring em in by the truckload :eek::D:rolleyes::oops:;)
I call dibs on Tottie.

last night was freakin sweet what a cracker of a thrashing... me and my bro-mate Shin Cutter went to the game watch The Giants pump the the Sunny Boys scum drops.
Awesome, loved how we just walked in and we could sit anywhere...
Then after the game, we headed back to a nudie bar in the west and celebrated to the wee hours of the night... Ouh and also we saw a Matty Buntime look alike inside.... Swweeeet ass

GWS 4 Life!!!

apologies for the intrusion, but was wondering what Hopper's long term job security is like. Keen on getting him in Real Dream Team and Super Coach.
thanks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back