Review GWS Giants vs Hawthorn Horks - Sun 12th May @ the MCG

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
The easy thing would be to bag the fringe players, but you know what this one is as much an example of coaching and planning than anything else.

You look at Hawthorn and even with their moderate talent they are so well organised. They are perfectly placed in defence, their players understand our guys strengths and weaknesses, they react perfectly to stoppages.

Our blokes are just a bunch of thoroughbreds without a plan, we are a fu***** rabble today, a roughly cobbled together prison team.

I don’t have any faith in the leaders at this joint.

KevDawg

EFC & GWS
Jun 6, 2015
Now Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Essendon, GWS & Giants Womens
We would be more beneficial playing 22 taggers atm over our accountable nonsense.
Just go one on one.
I hated the zone awith Sheedy and it doesn’t work with some teams.
Swans killed the Dons on Friday by being one on one.
Why can’t we realise it and switch.

KevDawg

EFC & GWS
Jun 6, 2015
Now Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Phuq!!!
Jezza just kick it and shut these flogs up with their, “31 is the Giants lowest score at the G”.

Teeso

All Australian
Jan 8, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
Ill disciplined from Jezza. Poor guy either cant/wont run or lift his arms up. He needs a rest next week to keep his body in one piece.

KevDawg

EFC & GWS
Jun 6, 2015
Now Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Of course that’s deliberate.
Kick out contest.
Spins off the boot (a little).
Bounces before the boundary.
AND you’re wearing Orange.
=
Deliberate.

AbrahamS

Team Captain
May 2, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
Seemed like a team that were allowed to do whatever TF they wanted vs a very well structured team. That rabble lost to Melbourne and barely beat Carlton FFS. They made us look absolutely 2nd rate. I realise Mummy was a big out but really, where was the composure going forward?

Smartest Brain

Premiership Player
Jun 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
The easy thing would be to bag the fringe players, but you know what this one is as much an example of coaching and planning than anything else.

You look at Hawthorn and even with their moderate talent they are so well organised. They are perfectly placed in defence, their players understand our guys strengths and weaknesses, they react perfectly to stoppages.

Our blokes are just a bunch of thoroughbreds without a plan, we are a fu***** rabble today, a roughly cobbled together prison team.

I don’t have any faith in the leaders at this joint.
Can't blame the players for the obvious decision from the coaches to play more defensive and go down the sides than middle. The players don't look interested when they are pushed to be too defensive.

Scoring so low in so many games when you have players that can easily kick over 100 every game isn't about the players it is coaching .

KevDawg

EFC & GWS
Jun 6, 2015
Now Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Kelly taking his sweet time to kick straight into MacEvoy was a good example.
Players getting run down or pressured like they were playing a social game.
Gobbled up by the horks players who were all that much quicker.

Smartest Brain

Premiership Player
Jun 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Our ball handling today stunk. Our tackling for the most part has been weak and atrocious as well.
Strange how some games the players are willing for the fight and then there are games like this with obvious defensive coaching , trying to make our talented players into Richmond drones, that we don't do so well in. You don't get a Ferrari to tow a boat , you get it to the finish line first.

Smartest Brain

Premiership Player
Jun 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Just seemed lazy.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
There are many things we can argue about that will have no conclusive end. What is conclusive is that today we played a very boring and unwatchable gameplan. Brisbane have a much worse team than us but provide a lot more entertainment imo.

Pathetic really. Thought the Freo game was bad
This sucked just as much.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Worse IMO. Freo was one quarter. This was at least three.

Back