GWS Giants vs Melbourne Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

With that play on was the umpire confused because it looked like there'd been a quick little handball back to a designated kicker (who happened to be the guy that was awarded the free)?

I honestly don't know what he was supposed to do in that case, though- short of not having taken possession of the ball.

Yeah I know its tough but you still can't just handball the ball straight over the line - the rushed behind rule is different obviously where if you're under pressure there is some leeway but it doesn't matter if you're being tackled or not you can't just handball the ball out of bounds. It is a tough rule in those situations but much less so than the plain dumb holding the ball interpretations they've had this year, that rule is an absolute joke.

LOL at the crowd booing $cully - it's the Giants home game!

AwJI0nnCMAAiQkm.jpg

Oh hell yes. Our supporters over there sound great don't they. We usually do punch above our weight in away matches...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shiite game at a shiite ground. GWS actually make Melbourne look halfway decent, they are that bad, even with how terrible kicking. Couple of points:

- Watts' kicking is elite
- Scully isn't worth a third of what he's on, 16 touches going at 44% efficiency. The most overpaid player in the history of the game.
- Folau is an embarrasement
- Sheedy is more interested in his mobile phone than the game (I don't blame him)
- Thank christ we have Howe in our team
- Luke Power is a great player, great effort to get to 300 and well done GWS for giving him the opportunity to get there (still can't believe he was their sub, but they're not tanking...)

Shiite game at a shiite ground. GWS actually make Melbourne look halfway decent, they are that bad, even with how terrible kicking. Couple of points:

- Watts' kicking is elite
- Scully isn't worth a third of what he's on, 16 touches going at 44% efficiency. The most overpaid player in the history of the game.
- Folau is an embarrasement
- Sheedy is more interested in his mobile phone than the game (I don't blame him)
- Thank christ we have Howe in our team
- Luke Power is a great player, great effort to get to 300 and well done GWS for giving him the opportunity to get there (still can't believe he was their sub, but they're not tanking...)

Melbounre fans are most unhappy when the tanking issues got brought up in this thread so it might be wise to leave that issue alone.

AwJI0nnCMAAiQkm.jpg

Oh hell yes. Our supporters over there sound great don't they. We usually do punch above our weight in away matches...

Left-field question- have the Dees ever thought about using their 80s-style royal blue jumper (like the guy on the right) as part of their clash strip? It would certainly work against Carlton..

Coming back from an ankle injury

Did he get any runs in the VFL?

I suppose it was a lot better than Zaharakis' return from an extended injury in the other Saturday arvo game. Always a fan of easing players back via lower level competition.

I suppose it was a lot better than Zaharakis' return from an extended injury in the other Saturday arvo game. Always a fan of easing players back via lower level competition.

Definitely good points here :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back