GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

100% confirmed the name is Giants, the colours are charcoal, orange and an away colour is blue. Two jumpers have been revealed with fans getting to choose one. They are those horrible jumpers that have been circulating the internet for the last 24 hours.

100% confirmed the name is Giants, the colours are charcoal, orange and an away colour is blue. Two jumpers have been revealed with fans getting to choose one. I believe they are those two horrible jumpers that have been circulating the internet for the last 24 hours but i cant confirm that
Can confirm that they are the two jumpers which were circulating.

So even by your logic - it's NOT on the coast .
It's one suburb removed from the coast being East of the City of Fremantle.
Well actually, East Fremantle is NE of Fremantle because the coast bends eastwards when heading north from Fremantle. Therefore, the centre of East Fremantle is slightly closer to the beach than the centre of Fremantle! The Sharks is very appropriate for the East Fremantle Footy Club, and you need an Australian geography lesson or a map! ;)

Well actually, East Fremantle is NE of Fremantle because the coast bends eastwards when heading north from Fremantle. ..

I hope you're backing up those other clowns because you just lost all credibility and I had the best laugh in ages .

Fremantle is on the coast .
North Fremantle is North of Fremantle (good & historic football team)
East Fremantle is East of Fremanttle extending North along the river .
That's Rous Head jutting out not the coast "bending".

Collingwood supporters :p:p

I hope you're backing up those other clowns because you just lost all credibility and I had the best laugh in ages .
Ha ha ha! You need a map and geography lesson! The centre of East Fremantle is closer to the beach than the centre of Fremantle. Again, The Sharks is very appropriate for the East Fremantle Footy Club. Unbelieveable. :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to having 2 Sydney teams so I can go to more Sydney games down here in Melbourne.

I'm realising you can't really win with a mascot, Demons is already taken so anything else is not going to sound as good.

I'm trying to imagine what the "Giants" chant will sound like now.

Greeeeeaterr Weeeeesteeeeern Syyyyyydneeeeey?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greater CLAP CLAP Western CLAP CLAP Sydney ???????

hello from martin place wynyard :cool:

erm... does anyone here think the g look a bit like 'plumbing', as in "boy parts"?

by boy parts i speak of: ->

lis518.jpg

Link please .
That goes against the official line of Fremantle fc
and we know you hold them in such high regard .

Why your waiting for link why not link me about the sharks merging, you did say that didn't you?

North Fremantle is North of Fremantle (good & historic football team)
East Fremantle is East of Fremanttle extending North along the river .
That's Rous Head jutting out not the coast "bending".

Collingwood supporters :p:p

What an arrogant tosser you are

It'll grow on me.

I like the version of the gurnsey that Folau was wearing with the white G and the charcoal and orange. Not a huge fan of the mainly orange version of the gurnsey with the charcoal G, but it's probably because the player modelling it was also wearing charcoal shorts.

I think the mainly orange gurnsey would look pretty reasonable with white shorts, used as an away gurnsey.

My only complaint is the GWS name. Western Sydney would've been fine.

I'm happy with both the GC and GWS overall. Looking forward to seeing both teams in action.

I know you're a Collingwood supporter so'll I'll speak very slowly and simply .
Speak? Ha ha ha! What good is speaking going to do for you on BigFooty? Do you talk to yourself? Maybe speaking slowly and simply comes naturally to you. By the way, there isn't supposed to be a space before a full-stop, and yes I am still a very happy Collingwood supporter! :)
Well yes, the centre of Fremantle is fairly close. It's about 650 metres from the beach.
East Fremantle is inland .
You won't give this up will you? The centre of East Fremantle is about 400 metres from the beach of the Inner Harbour of the Indian Ocean, and about 2 km from Port Beach on the Indian Ocean. There has also been a number of shark sightings in the Swan River in the area, so to compare East Fremantle to Western Sydney as you did is just ridiculous.

You won't give this up will you?

FFS . It is not complicated .
Fremantle is on the coast . East Fremantle is not .
No matter how you try and spin it East Fremantle is East of Fremantle .
To get to the coast from East Fremantle you must travel through Fremantle or cross the river and travel through North Fremantle .
I have no idea why you cannot accept these simple facts but they have nothing to do with the GWS being named the Giants and the giant leap forward of Australian Football in Sydney .As a Swans supporter I look forward to great rivalry in the harbour city albeit sharkless .

FFS . It is not complicated .
What isn't complicated? That there shouldn't be a space before a full-stop? I am aware of that.
Fremantle is on the coast . East Fremantle is not . No matter how you try and spin it East Fremantle is East of Fremantle .
No it's not. West Gum Valley, Hilton, O'Connor and Willagee are east of Fremantle. East Fremantle is actually northeast of Fremantle, and that is the reason their footy club is called the sharks because it is only 2 km's from Port Beach on the Indian Ocean, and only about 400 metres from the Inner Harbour of the Indian Ocean. Do you want to lay on a beach or see a shark? Then that can actually happen in East Fremantle!
To get to the coast from East Fremantle you must travel through Fremantle or cross the river and travel through North Fremantle .
Firstly, officially the Swan River meets the Indian Ocean in East Fremantle, but it's irrelevant because you are going way off track because there are sharks in East Fremantle and they can be found in the Inner Harbour of the Indian Ocean and in the Swan River.

Secondly, there are number of ways to get to the coastal beaches from East Fremantle. Cross the Swan River on the Stirling Highway. Cross the Inner Harbour of the Indian Ocean on Queen Victoria Street. Travel south with a number of options. Get in a boat and sail through the Inner Harbour, or swim. If you swim from East Fremantle, then be careful of the sharks that may be encountered though!
I have no idea why you cannot accept these simple facts but they have nothing to do with the GWS being named the Giants and the giant leap forward of Australian Football in Sydney .
That's because it seems you've lost track of yourself! You were comparing Western Sydney not having sharks to East Fremantle, but that comparison you made was way off! Blacktown for example is about 45 km's from the coast, and there are not any sharks to be found in the area.

East Fremantle on the other hand is only 2 km's from the coast, and sharks can be found 400 metres away in the Inner Harbour of the Indian Ocean and in the Swan River. There has been numerous sightings, and eight attacks with two being fatal since 1900, which is more attack's than Perth's ocean beaches. The species indigenous to the Swan River is the Bull Shark.
As a Swans supporter I look forward to great rivalry in the harbour city albeit sharkless .
Then just admit that calling East Fremantle the Sharks is appropriate, and should not be compared to calling Greater Western Sydney the Sharks which would have been completely inappropriate.

Speak? Ha ha ha! What good is speaking going to do for you on BigFooty? Do you talk to yourself? Maybe speaking slowly and simply comes naturally to you. By the way, there isn't supposed to be a space before a full-stop, and yes I am still a very happy Collingwood supporter! :)Well yes, the centre of Fremantle is fairly close. It's about 650 metres from the beach.You won't give this up will you? The centre of East Fremantle is about 400 metres from the beach of the Inner Harbour of the Indian Ocean, and about 2 km from Port Beach on the Indian Ocean. There has also been a number of shark sightings in the Swan River in the area, so to compare East Fremantle to Western Sydney as you did is just ridiculous.

How did you determine the centre of these locations?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back