Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
114 to 25

114 to 25

This is an absolute disgrace.

GWS huffed and puffed their way through August and September. They acted tough. They played like bullies.

But that GF performance is totally unforgiveable.

If I am an AFL coach of one of 16 sides and my side lose to GWS I am utterly filthy. The other 16 teams need to make them pay after that GF performance.

No side should ever be bulied by GWS again. They are a friggin joke. Huff and Puff.

114 to 25

114 to 25

GWS huffed and puffed their way through August and September. They acted tough. They played like bullies.

If I am an AFL coach of one of 16 sides and my side lose to GWS I am utterly filthy. The other 16 teams need to make them pay after that GF performance.

No side should ever be bulied by GWS again. They are a friggin joke. Huff and Puff.
Did you have a bad dream or something? Wake up nice early and feel the need to bitch and moan about a team that nobody really cares about.
Speaking of unforgivable grand final performance, you should check out your own team from a few years ago.

Did you have a bad dream or something? Wake up nice early and feel the need to bitch and moan about a team that nobody really cares about.
Speaking of unforgivable grand final performance, you should check out your own team from a few years ago.

We lost 67 to 89

Can you ******* count?

114 to 25 is appalling. A disgrace to the sport. But ok - sweep it under the carpet mate.

16 sides should be fuming.

You woke up and thought you should roll over and give Gillon a nice hand job?
Felt the primal urge to defend GWS?

Nobody cares about them but you bother defending them. Righto mate. Hoping for a pat on the head from Gil?

Ill bet you were a library monitor at school. Youd make a great cop or nazi.

Last edited:
What is probably more interesting than slamming the Giants, is looking at how teams responded after bad grand final losses

1994 Geelong (lost GF by 86 points) - following year made Grand Final

1995 Geelong (-64) - finished 6th 1996

2000 Melbourne (-80) - finished 13th 2001

2007 Port (-119) - finished 13th 2008

2014 Swans (-63) - finished 5th 2015

2017 Adelaide (-48) - finished 12th

Some spectacular falls from grace there

If they'd stuck to the tactics they used in the EF to beat the dogs, where they relentlessly went down the line along the boundary, things might have been better.

But they changed tactics, tried a kick into the corridor from HB against the Tigers, couldn't execute and got chopped up.

GWS Coaches box is where a lot of the reflection should be done

114 to 25

114 to 25

It’s appropriate that you finished your post with ‘huff and puff’.

Soooo, not all teams who have a shocker in the GF end up basket-casing the following year.👍

As for the OP, well, you know, goodonya, and?

his obsession with our club seems pretty full on though, lots of intense anger there.

Interesting, curious, concerning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Soooo, not all teams who have a shocker in the GF end up basket-casing the following year.👍

As for the OP, well, you know, goodonya, and?

his obsession with our club seems pretty full on though, lots of intense anger there.

Interesting, curious, concerning.

Yeah they made the gf the following year, also got flogged then as well.

The only thing better than smacking you about once would be doing it twice.

Yeah they made the gf the following year, also got flogged then as well.

The only thing better than smacking you about once would be doing it twice.

You gotta make it yet. The team that smacked Geelong in 94 wasn’t the team that did it in 95 (they finished 5th and wouldn’t win another one for 12 years)

You miss the point.
GF day is when many non AFL people watch the game.

You need to make a game of it.

Utter disgrace.
In all major events there are lopsided results though mate. Go no further than my own NFL team ( Rams ) in the Super Bowl when we managed only 3 points....With the Giants I think you can safely say in reflection they were pretty cooked come GF day, it showed in the last quarter vs the Pies when they actually did quite well to hold on. I firmly see them as a contender next year, Swans not so much.

Nah Richmond were just too good, would have broken Geelongs margin record against anyone else.

Gws actually played a blinder.
We did better than Geelong percentage wise.

Geelong 163
Port Adelaide 44
370%

Richmond 114
GWS 25
456%

For Geelong to have matched our percentage they would’ve needed to score 201 points, or held the Power to under six goals.

What is probably more interesting than slamming the Giants, is looking at how teams responded after bad grand final losses

1995 Geelong (-64) - finished 6th 1996

2000 Melbourne (-80) - finished 13th 2001

2007 Port (-119) - finished 13th 2008

2014 Swans (-63) - finished 5th 2015

2017 Adelaide (-48) - finished 12th

Some spectacular falls from grace there

No disrespect to those sides, outside the cats 1994-95 side non of the above have the talent ceiling of GWS . I think they will rebound only if cameron gets away from basing his game style from scoring from stoppages, in finals its not sustainable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back