Strategy GWS must keep Tom Scully

Remove this Banner Ad

I do want the club to keep Scully and even if he is out for most of next year if he makes it back playing in 2019 I think it will be worth keeping him on the list, hopefully he stays and although not at the level with Ward and Davis he did make the decision to move to the club for the start and went through the early days and I think supporters should get behind him for that and also support whichever decision he makes
here is his article from Players voice for those that haven't read it
https://www.playersvoice.com.au/tom-scully-loud-crack-season-changed/#OXdH4ltjjq7yiARs.97

Scully for future fourth??? Raymann???

Done deal sadly. I'm more uncomfortable about trading him with an injury that anything. It seems it's his choice though. The tweet mentions an uncertain future which is horrible, and we couldn't know the prognosis.

If Scully plays at all in 2019 I'll struggle to see the logic of this, and usually I'm pretty generous in digging up potential logic.
Reading the article it seems the medical prognosis us the critical issue. I hope it's proven wrong for his sake. If he stars for the Hawks next year I'll be happy.

Yep, you can only presume that the GWS medical staff have a poor prognosis on his ankle, and the football department would prefer to save his money ... hopefully that might keep someone who would otherwise have left. Of course, the Hawks' medical department are likely to get it right, and Hawthorn have another star for SFA. And if we save no-one in this trade period, like dlanod, I would struggle to see the value in that decision. I guess only time will tell.

In my opinion Tom is well
Liked by management at the Giants an has gone above and beyond in his time there.

So the club traded Scully to the club of his choice an asked for a low pick due to Tom always doing his best for GWS, salary cap issues and injury!

By trading Scully and Lobe, this means GWS could play hard ball with the bombers on Shiels! As the need to trade him due to salary cap issues wasn’t as urgent and this increased their barging power with the bombers !

Hawk Premierships 1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015 and there’s many more to come yet!

In my opinion Tom is well
Liked by management at the Giants an has gone above and beyond in his time there.

So the club traded Scully to the club of his choice an asked for a low pick due to Tom always doing his best for GWS, salary cap issues and injury!

By trading Scully and Lobe, this means GWS could play hard ball with the bombers on Shiels! As the need to trade him due to salary cap issues wasn’t as urgent and this increased their barging power with the bombers !

Hawk Premierships 1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015 and there’s many more to come yet!

We never had Shiels on our list.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a very sad ending for Tom at the Giants. Had a reputation as one of the hardest trainers and hardest runners in footy.

Can't believe that the last time we would see him in a Giants jumper was sprawled on the field with a horrendous broken ankle.

Thanks for your service, Tom.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back