Opinion GWS name three captains - yea or nay?

Is having three co-captains a good idea?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Why can't we all just agree that Essendon, Melbourne and GWS are all a blight on the competition.

That the Melbourne Football Club were guilty of using peptides and the World Anti-Doping Authority let us off would indicate we weren't a blight on the competition at all, quite the opposite in fact. It tells me that we were incredibly important and that there wouldn't be a competition if we didn't exist.

Lol so were Melbourne, dank was using thymosin beta 4 when he was there which was a huge deal at Essendon. You guys were just lucky you were in such a bad state already that they'd knew you'd go under if they went after you guys.
If Melbourne had put their fingers in their ears, played the victim and then had their coach take the Australian drugs in sport watchdog to the surpreme court to kill the investigation then things may have been different for them.

If Melbourne had put their fingers in their ears, played the victim and then had their coach take the Australian drugs in sport watchdog to the surpreme court to kill the investigation then things may have been different for them.

There was nothing to kill, it was swept under the carpet because the AFL was worried about Melbourne's state of being, a disgrace.

There was nothing to kill, it was swept under the carpet because the AFL was worried about Melbourne's state of being, a disgrace.
It was handled outside of court rooms and back pages.

I hope you’re not serious.
No preferential access to the umpire like in rugby

No special role onfield like a QB in NFL

No important decisions to make as there are in cricket (Coin toss is irrelevant at the most important AFL grounds)

They don’t even have an identifying armband as they do in soccer!

we can mythologize ‘The captain’ in AFL, but the reality is that a group of senior players share the leadership role with such a huge field and 36 players on it.

3 captains is a realistic acknowledgment of that, I have no issue with it, well done GWS

Back