List Mgmt. GWS Players Contract Status

Goodness our culture must be crap with all these resignings
To be fair, I don't hear many slights on our culture. It's more slights on the city and/or location.

Really? You should go out more

Useful. Any expansion on where, or is it just your mates down the pub or the voices in your head? There's bugger all to that effect in the media for example.

Orange crush

Premiership Player
Aug 12, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
Lot of punters on the street claim we have bad culture because of the players we’ve shed .... they simply don’t understand how well we’ve managed our list while trimming numbers and cap down to size ahead of initially planned

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
Lot of punters on the street claim we have bad culture because of the players we’ve shed .... they simply don’t understand how well we’ve managed our list while trimming numbers and cap down to size ahead of initially planned

They are clueless, GWS has always placed a lot of importance on character which is evidenced in the players we have recruited in the draft.

We did in Shaw and Mumford take some blokes who have had some issues the latter only recently but all the kids have been high character.

In fact we even passed on Dustin Martin mainly on character doubts (which ultimately was a mistake).

I reckon most of the clubs are really well run these days and pretty clean.

There will always be the odd bad apple or misdemeanour as you’re dealing with young men with money and sometimes their mates don’t lead them the right way or they make their own errors.

Reckon we have an awesome leadership group and solid core or citizens to lead us into the future.

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Updated Buntine who re-signed for another two years
Im just really please to see this. Seems a good bloke and will contribute at AFL level in a versatile role. Tough as nails and brave- good clubman.

Just the kind of person that clubs need to build a decent culture.

Reckon he wouldnt be a bad fitness coach for staff either...

Sorry to intrude, noticed mumford will be at 92 games after Grand final. Hope your club finds another 8 games next season so he gets to that 100 and gives father son rights for the 2 boys. Good luck today !

Curnivore

Club Legend
Sep 4, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Big offseason for Finlayson. If he can build up his tank I think that will see him go to a new level. If not, I could see the club trading him.
Your depth is absolutely ridiculous. Your seconds Midfield could rival a lot teams firsts. Surely you have to let a few go?

Sadly I think Jez is gone. Still to commit and North has just cleared an extraordinary amount of Cap room

On CPH2009 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Id be shocked if he went to North. He has been on great coin from a young age, unlike others doesnt need the big last contract. The rebuild wont be worth it to him. He will get a good deal, I dont think money sways him.
I think he stays. At this stage his manager has solely dealt with us. Good sign.

Back